taking pics of rain (2 Viewers)

La La

i drink your milkshake
it was bucketing today. it was like shards of silver falling from the sky and i couldnt get a good shot.

any tips/techniques for capturing it all mid-air?

pictures of rain and wet things, i like

here is a street in prague, after a bit of rain

127170335_70404136cb_o.jpg

Make sure you keep your camera dry!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

What RSJ said about fast shutter speed. Does your camera have a sports function? Like a wee man running or something. The one below was taken with the sports /action setting on my old camera.

186307300_51935600e4.jpg

Thanks Morg :) I can't even remember what I was doing up in the pre dawn hours (perhaps taking a sneaky peak at my pressies).

that was taken by my pal jon, who's a camera freak, has an amaaaazing collection of cameras and is a total leica freak.
he's made me obsessed with leica, one day i will have robbed enough money to pay for one. incredible camera's

lads i dont think my cybershot can do the whole shutterspeed thing......

Should have an action/sports setting though, no? Which is basically a fast shutter speed setting. I'm trying to amke out the control wheel on the back from a picture but it's pretty difficult.

that was taken by my pal jon, who's a camera freak, has an amaaaazing collection of cameras and is a total leica freak.
he's made me obsessed with leica, one day i will have robbed enough money to pay for one. incredible camera's

thing is, he only had a wee digital jobby with him in Iceland (as far as I saw, anyway), so i don't understand how he gets such amazing results.

I find it all terribly depressing.

i couldn't find any rain so i took a picture of the tap in my kitchen sink instead

Attachments

• P9070019.jpg
    P9070019.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
nah, a vintage leica could never be a bad investment. i don't even know what they have, but there's something magical about their pictures.

check some galleries online, some astonishing street photography with them. advantage they have is being so wee, and immediate, that they capture moments other users miss

83748627_b871d422d9.jpg

nixon bullying kruschev

0118_02_300DPI.jpg

self1970.jpg

wow, even more off topic, apologies....

Leicas are a terrible investment. They are overpriced, have an extremely limited application compared to almost every other system, and are terrible for taking pictures of rain. They're never going to appreciate in value, they won't help you take better pictures, and they're kind of a pain in the ass.

They are also beautiful cameras.
I will never, ever regret having bought my leica and more importantly, leica lenses. Most of the photos I've posted here were shot with a lens manufactured 15 years before I was born.
I bought my leica completely on spec, without ever having taken a photograph, 18 months ago. Since then I've dropped it, stood in the rain with it for hours, been out drinking with it over one shoulder countless times, and I still smile sometimes when I look at it.
It's just a camera though. People shoot the hell out of €100 K1000s every day, and produce far, far better pictures than I do. It's not a magic paintbrush, but if you know you want one, I can highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back