Syria (1 Viewer)

Re: The Household Charge

The Russians don't wanna lose their only naval base in the Mediterranean and so much the better if it puts the west out.Syria's an unholy mess though,I would hope it gets resolved sooner than later.

I see what is happening in Syria and its almost to a tee exactly what happened in Libya.

Putin has been a rational and intelligent voice in all of this.

Re: The Household Charge

I don't think anyone's covered themselves in glory with regard to Syria,its all just vested interests,Russia is happy to see the status quo maintained as they have a long friendship with the Syrian regime whereas the west would be only too happy to see the regime fall.What comes then though?
Either way the Syrian people should come first,the last thing they need is a country-wide war.

@pete- can we have a separate Syria thread?

Could ya make it up? Reminds me of the publican in The Savage Eye: The IRA invented Irish dancing so they could signal to each other without the Brits noticing.

h ttp: //blogs. independent.c o.uk/2012/03/21/lionel-messi-accused-of-sending-signals-to-syria-rebels/

Lionel Messi may have become Barcelona’s highest-ever scorer last night, and surely nothing can stop the Argentinian, but he can even send secret signals to Syrian rebels from the pitch, it has been alleged in an astonishing claim.

The World Player of the Year has been accused, along with team-mates Andres Iniesta and Pedro, by a Syrian television channel of sending secret signals to rebels – using his majestic dribbling skills and movement.

State-run channel Al Dunya has broadcast footage (see below) of the 24-year-old’s twisting dribble against Real Madrid in a recent El Clasico contest that set up a goal for team-mate Pedro, and states that by tracking the direction of the move reveals the best route for bringing arms into the country.

The commentary of the goal on Syrian TV says: “Here we see the first stage where arms are loaded from Lebanon.”

It continues: “Then they pass through Homs and are delivered to another terrorist. We also see how they warn that they will face some obstacles until they reach Dayr Al Zawr.

As Pedro completes the move for Barcelona, whose have a shirt sponsorship deal with the Qatar Foundation, the voice-over says: “Then they are transported by bus to the final destination, located in Al Magadin.”

There are suggestions that the footage is an elaborate hoax, designed to smear Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, and considering the content that is a distinct possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back