SW CLUB Thurs: E+S=B / Hair France / Magnetize / Jaakko - Thursday (1 Viewer)

skinny wolves

Website
www.skinnywolves.com
SKINNY WOLVES CLUB

E+S=B & Hair France Live
Skinny Wolves DJs & Guest DJ's Jaakko (Finland) & Magnetize

This Thursday 25th May, the Hub, Dublin
doors 9pm bands 9.30 djs until 2.30
6/7 euro

"Art Rocking Music to Dance to....
Music from the Post-Punk, No/New wave, Krautrock eras and everything it has inspired and influenced since..."

//////////////////////////////////

E+S=B feature members of Irish legends WORMHOLES, and have released one sold out CDR on the Deserted Village label.
They dont play often but were Damo Suzuki's backing band last year in Dublin and also played along side Candian freaks Les Georges Leningrad & Glasgows arty post punks Park Attack.
They improvise around a krautrock sound using keyboards, bass, drums, percussion and electronics/effects.
This will be their first show in about a year, so it really is a special occasion.

Check out their song on our myspace profile for how great they are...

/////////

Hair France is New Zelander Dan Watsons new avant rock outing with a new line up. He played before in Happy Stack and Mcfilthies (featuring members of Stereolab). Dan runs the Vibrator club and also, Folkrum records which has had many great releases, such as capratone, adrian crowley, etc... this is also a rare live gig, so make sure to check them out...

check out more about these here

/////////

Jaakko is back from Finland with a shit load of new vinyl and a grinning face after touring around Ireland in Circle's tour van and the pride of LORDI!

check out his previous SW Club set list here

/////////

Magnetize, who is well known for his album on rimbadu records {a collection of tracks recorded between 2000 and 2004 ranging from drones and soundscapes to looped guitar sounds and radio-wave static. made using a heavily treated guitar & analogue modular synth and recorded live in one take with no overdubs or post-editing.} & templedog releases loosely classified as dark dancefloor electro/techno will be playing a noisey DJ set.

If anyone caught him play after the Circle gig, in Bodkins will know what we are talking about! Damn right!

/////////

OH, some reviews of E+S=B's Milkshake on the RISC Records Compilation:

"My favourite is a band called E+S=B, about whom little seems to be known. Their track's called "Milkshake", and it sounds like, well, a rudimentary live motorik recorded at someone's practice room. But it's one of the best rudimentary live motoriks I've heard in a long time. They've got the speed, the drum-fills, the swooshes of guitar, the organ sound and the momentum down just right, and it's a blast" Frances May Morgan, Plan B

"'Milkshake' by E+S=B is a seven-and-a-half-minute rehearsal-room recording of neu-waves and cosmic casiotones reminiscent of Germanic groove units of old." Keith Wallace, Do Something pretty

"E+S=B's awesome krautrocking "Milkshake" itself almost justifies the compilation's existence" Paul Watts, Anorak

"You have to love the cheeky pure pop offering of 'Milkshake' by E+S=B, a song that makes you want to dance (up til now, most of these tracks just make you think)." Sinead Gleeson, Sigla

762571148_l.gif
762571148_l.gif

skinny wolves said:
If anyone caught him play after the Circle gig, in Bodkins will know what we are talking about! Damn right!

yeah really great set that night, had me sitting there going 'what's that tune?, eh,what's that tune?, eh,what's that tune?, eh (guinness x 2) what's that tune?, eh,what's that tune?, eh'. then it was the next day.
.|..|

meta said:
yeah really great set that night, had me sitting there going 'what's that tune?, eh,what's that tune?, eh,what's that tune?, eh (guinness x 2) what's that tune?, eh,what's that tune?, eh'. then it was the next day.
.|..|

go magnets!!!

Sorry guys, just found out the Hub is closed until all this Bird Flu shit is sorted out. We are moving to a new venue, "Howl at the Moon" on Mount Street.

Skinny Wolfes said:
Sorry guys, just found out the Hub is closed until all this Bird Flu shit is sorted out. We are moving to a new venue, "Howl at the Moon" on Mount Street.
hey, you ever met a Lycanthrope?

These are people who change into pure animals. They retain no human memory or consciousness and simply behave like animals. Usually the animals are more bloodthirsty than usual and particularly large or powerful, but they are entirely bestial.

Change Conditions
There are two main change conditions for a lycanthrope. The first is temporal. For example, from the rise until the set of a full moon. Lycanthropic disease mediated by such conditions are often the result of secondary infections. For instance, a helpless victim of the disease may change into a horrible beast at night whether they want to or not. Admittedly, some individuals come to relish the change. However, they still work their lives around it as opposed to controlling when it occurs. The second change condition involves the application of some magical instrument (usually an ointment, or garment consisting of an animal skin). The change induced by the application may last for a set period of time or until the garment/ointment is removed. In the latter case the lycanthrope is almost always of the fusion variety and thus retains the ability to remove the item and become human again when they wish it.

Fusion Lycanthropes
These are lycanthropes whose animal form is unlike a normal animal. The difference may be physical. For example, the wolf form of a werewolf may resemble more a giant hairy man with a wolf's head than a true wolf. The difference may also be mental. In these cases the animal form retains the mind of the human. These creatures are obviously more dangerous than standard wild animals as they possess the physical powers of a beast and the mind of a human.

Tell Tale Signs
There are a number of ways to determine whether your friend Bob is actually the drooling monster that ate your cat last weekend. First of all, there are often cosmetic differences between a regular human and a lycanthrope. Lycanthropes very often have a physical resemblance to the animals they become. Of course, this is open to a lot of interpretation and if you start shooting silver bullets into everyone who looks like a dog you aren't going to be very popular at the holiday party. Lycanthropes are often very full or very sore after a night of carousing as an animal. But other activities can also induce these symptoms so you can't be sure. You can also check for wounds on the person if you noticed them on the animal. While these things heal very quickly, if you shoot off a wolf's paw and notice that Bob is missing a hand the next day, well, its a clue. Jewelry on an animal is also a hint. Of course, the most surefire way to ascertain what you are dealing with is monitor the individual. If you see (or remotely record) them turning into a dog or from a dog into a person you can be pretty sure.

Dealing with a Lycanthrope
If all you want to do is keep a lycanthrope away, wolfsbane and garlic are good tools. They don't work on every variety but they are certainly worth a shot. Just like vampires, many land based werecreatures are unable to cross running water. If you want to prevent a lycanthrope from becoming an animal and bind him/her to your service, you can steal the item that mediates their change (obviously this doesn't work on the animals that change due to some time trigger). It can be tricky to actually kill one of these things. As there is obviously a lot of variety, some can be killed with conventional weapons. They are usually far hardier than either man or beast and have to basically be blown apart before they stop. However, there are some that you can blow into itty bitty pieces and they will still come back for more. To deal with these you need one thing. Silver. The ideal tool is a silver bullet, but silver clubs or knives also work. That's it. It's the only way to kill most lycanthropes.

june 29th .|..|

sorry i didn't make it along last night. blame Lightning Bolt. ears are feeling much better now.

i played these:

Something from the Zed And Two Noughts -soundtrack
Comus - Drip Drip
Gong - A P H.P.´s Advice + Magick Mother Invocation
Super Numeri - the Babies
Ultravox - Quiet Men (long version)
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Messages
Gary Numan - Cars
Za Za - Zauberstab
the B-52's - Planet Claire
Wire - Practice Make Perfect
Laughing Clowns - Everything That Flies...
Thinking Fellers Local Union 282 - Gentleman's Lament
Swell Maps - Cake Shop
Band Of Susans - Trouble Follows
Sonic Youth - Eyeliner
Killdozer - King Of Sex
The Ex - Soviet Threat
Crass - Nagasaki Nightmare
Mars - 3E

too bad i had to leave and try to work early today...e+s=b were really good when they were good.

swingkid said:
deadly, i actually had that film with me, should have put it on!

'santa sangre' worked well for hair france, but 'space is the place' was made for e+s=b!!!!

haha, i had that film with me too, and was gonna bring santa sangre but it was out of office.

last time i played, i noticed the first Nosferatu works with ANYTHING

MAGNETIZE SET

earth - thrones & dominions (jim o'rourke mix)
main - there is only light
john fahey - dance of the inhabitants of the palace of king philip xiv of spain
residual echos - greetings ancient ocean
plastic crimewave sound - flower eating dreams
mugstar - my baby skull has not yet flowered
the sonics - he's waitin'
spacemen 3 - ecstacy in slow motion
the sub - ma-mari-huana
capt beefheart - big eyed beans form venus
the telescopes - perfect needle #4
aphex twin - #19
the west coast pop art experimental band - suppose they give a war & noone comes
burning star core - benjamin
hawkwind - brainstorm
the electric prunes - you never had it better
galaxie 500 - cermony
pere ubu - non-alignment pact
the monkeywrench - call my body home
stereolab - golden ball
mc5 - poison
the heads - jello
loop - the nail will burn
sonic art crew - i will love you always forever
the chocolate watchband - dont need your lovin'
sonic boom - rock & roll is killing my life

Oh, Yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back