SUNN 0)) AFTERNOON SHOW SATURDAY DECEMBER 4 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 3

u:m

U:MACK
Present
SUNN 0))
AFTERNOON SHOW
SATURDAY DECEMBER 4
DOORS 3PM
WHELANS
TICKETS E 14 FROM ROAD, CITY DISCS, SOUND CELLAR AND WWW.TICKETS.IE

we're delighted to announce that sunn))0 are playing an afternoon gig in whelans on sat dec 4.
sunn))0 are one of the heaviest bands around, its gonna be awesome

SUNN 0))) is a side project of Khanate/Burning Witch (Steve O' Malley) and Goatsnake (Greg Anderson) members. It was formed in memory of the cult drone-riff founders EARTH and honors the beautiful Ozma. The SUNN0))) mission is to create trance like soundscapes with the ultimate low end/bottom frequencies intended to massage the listeners intenstines into a act of defecation. SUNN 0))) have gathered 2x for live performances, at which they have succesfully made audience members instantly nauseous, or better yet run for the toilet in terror.

The powers that be contracted the heaviest low end destructors SUNN 0))) to create the most subharmonic drone recording ever put to tape. A test impossible for most mortals. Prepare your sound system!

d'you know who's gonna be playing with em out of the original list of atilla, julian cope, cronos, etc?

ddmurph said:
d'you know who's gonna be playing with em out of the original list of atilla, julian cope, cronos, etc?

None last night in Belfast so I wouldn't imagine any today.
Last night was videod Jamie.

I recorded the gig in B&W and it came out very well. I fixed the camera to the DJ box and zoomed in and out periodically. The vibrations make it look like you can see the soundwaves at times. Jamie did you ever get that Swans video? If not I'll get my arse in gear and copy it and Sunn O))) for you. Another two people videoed Belfast and Baggy Lesshelp/Naut will be sucking the lot into his computer and doing a downtown job mixing the sound and visuals together.

I have to say Sunn O))) was fucking great last night. The set length was perfect (just over an hour). Killing Spree played the best gig I'd seen by them. Pity they had sold out of the LiveWhite CD and I got so hammered. I'd have headed to Dublin if I hadn't felt so shite today. There are a few fucked up people after that gig noteably Christopher Couzens who didn't know his arse from his elbo this afternoon.

And cheers for the lift back to Dunmurray whoever it was. I'd some fun getting away from the motorway and making it home.

Stephen,I need one of those Sunn0))) dvd's/vidoes from belfast myself. The gig today was amazing if not better than last night,it seemed more packed than last night was.
Good to hear you got home safe,I'll pass on the thanks to Brian.

no but my kidneys were sore...........and for the rest of the day i felt like i just got off a plane.....it was brilliant

corrupted said:
There are a few fucked up people after that gig noteably Christopher Couzens who didn't know his arse from his elbo this afternoon.
So True it took until 4 the following afternoon for my brain and teeth to stop rattling around my head!! Amazing stuff!!

I defiantly heart drone.

Denver Max said:
no but my kidneys were sore...........and for the rest of the day i felt like i just got off a plane.....it was brilliant
how odd that was kinda how i felt too, when they turned off all the amps at the same time the feeling was unreal..in the words of brasseye 'like a yawn going backwards':p

yeah, one of the best bands i've seen in a long time,it felt so strange when they stopped playing alright.cant say i got sore kidneys or anything though...weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back