This monday (dec 10) Boris (Japan), No Spill Blood, Wizards of firetop Mountain (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 5
I liked some of the free form bits, wasn't really convinced by the riffing or the tunes though. The drummers screeching reminded me a bit of that lad from the phillipines who sings like a horse! I do like that Kurihara lads guitar playing.

I do like that Kurihara lads guitar playing.

Wow, he was something else alright.

That was a real stormer, especially the three songs they played in a row after Huge and Rainbow (started with Pink, I think?). I was looking forward to seeing them, but I didn't expect them to be as good as they were.

No Spill Blood and The Wizards were great as well. Good show from all concerned!

Yeah great show, superb turnout for a Monday in the run up to Christmas. Sound was muck for the support bands being my only gripe. I often wonder is this actually a stipulation for some of the bigger touring outfits

I do like that Kurihara lads guitar playing.

I was thinking at one point that if you took out the bits he was addding it would be really dull. He was making fantastic noises.

Really enjoyed this. It took a while to get going but once it did I didn't want it to end. It got prgressively louder too!

I was thinking at one point that if you took out the bits he was addding it would be really dull. He was making fantastic noises.

Really enjoyed this. It took a while to get going but once it did I didn't want it to end. It got prgressively louder too!

Yeah he was really impressive alright.

I also agree, thought the gig started well with the first two numbers, it kinda lost me when they rocked out and the drummer started yelping. But then it was like they kicked in another gear and started getting more and more droned out. That Cosmos track was stunning!

I think the fire alarm went off at about 10.30. It only caught my attention because I could see the red light flashing beside me.

Picked myself up some earplugs at the start. Possibly the wisest €4 I've ever spent.
I really liked a lot of this gig. I was kind of disappointed that they played flood at the end. Kind of stretched my endurance a bit. Would like to have heard a few more tunes from Pink and Smile.

Bigtime, bad night to forget the earplugs. Only realised after they were selling them at the merch desk

Think it's pretty cheeky to be selling them and not be giving them out for free. I was up the front right and having forgotten mine, I had to spend a portion of the gig with my index finger in me ear. Anyone else notice some crackling noises from the PA? Think a mic may have clipping or something. Was noticeable more so for the support bands, who were both class.
Either way, it was loud!

Wasn't into the drummer who I think was dressed as Michael Jackson.
The silly gloves and yelps and general state of him was off-putting. That and I don't think he was as good as he thinks he is..

Wasn't into the start of the gig but think there was some deadly bits throughout. So. Many. Pedals. Some great guitar noises from the lad on the right.

Thought there'd be screen prints for sale at the merch stand too but nope

Wasn't into the drummer who I think was dressed as Michael Jackson.

That's what we said!! We said he looked like Michael Jackson in the Earth Song video crossed with yer wan from the grudge.

And that a good part of the audience looked like extras from the Hobbit! I've never seen so many beards in the one room!

Didn't Boris have their own soundman? Old dude in the Lizzy T-Shirt?

I enjoyed Boris a lot, dragged in a few places and you'd want to be telling the drummer to chill the fuck out. But most of it was amazing. I also spent 90% of the time looking/listening to the older lad.

Still reeling at paying €15 for the new 12".

Probably did have their own soundman,but they were loud as fuck,and it sounded like they were loud as fuck on stage too. but that's the lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back