Sunday Sessions Seeking Bands (2 Viewers)

TheIsaacButt

Website
www.theisaacbutt.com
Sunday Sessions

In a Band? Looking for a gig? Fed Up Paying?

Maybe we can help.

The Isaac Butt is starting a night where you pay nothing to play, don’t have to have your own backline and we do up the posters!!!!! MY WORD I hear you say. How could such a dream possibly be true. Or maybe you just said THAT’S MILDLY INTERESTING!!!. Either way heres how it works,

Its on every Sunday
You get 50 specifically coloured tickets. The admission price is 5 euro. For every person that comes in with one of those tickets you get 2.50 euro.
We supply PA, Sound Engineer, Backline and a full colour A3 poster. We can even record your gig for a charge of 15 euro for the minidisc.
There are three bands on each Sunday.
Stage times for each band are decided by a straw poll on the night.

What do you need to do?:
Send your demo Cd or Cassette. Photo if possible for the poster, a short biop would also be nice. (3 songs) to The Sunday Sessions, The Isaac Butt, Store Street, Dublin 1.

For further information call David Allen at 087 9293438 Mon – Fri until 6pm only please.

Originally posted by TheIsaacButt
You get 50 specifically coloured tickets. The admission price is 5 euro. For every person that comes in with one of those tickets you get 2.50 euro.

What happens if people don't come? Don't you stand to lose a fortune on this?

To Clarify

The tickets are given to friends. They show the ticket at the door when paying. If nobody comes to see you then unfortunately we dont pay you anything. Hopefuy if we all do our homework we all live happily ever after:)

I think (hope) its a fair deal.

wasn't it isaac butts that fucked over delorentos (lorcanzo's band) really badly and we all had to go over to their site and post complaints on their guestbook in order to attempt to rectify the situation? why, yes. yes it was. in fact people were so pissed off that there was mention of a thingsyouremissinglocalunion101 boycott.

hmm.

or let's do the maths:

isaac butts: 200 people. ish. 200 x eu5 = eu1000. if all your 50 people come, you get eu125. 3 bands, eu125 x 3 = 375. 1000 - 375 = 625. now posters and backline. say eu300, which is really the upper end of what's available. eu325 left. not bad for a day's work...

Hi Silo. Thanks for the feedback

Refresh me with the delerentos thing again? What happened there. I may have asked them to move to a different date. If i had a penny for every time we wwere shafted by bands cancelling with the lamest excuses. I would like to hear Delerentos version of events. I left your message on the site until they asked me to remove it because you were embarrasing them. Seems par for the course. For the record we hold about 150 people. We would hope to get 100 people in
Thats 250 euros
Poster cost 125 per gig at least. Sound engineer 90 euro We are buying the backline at a cost of around 2500 euro. Doorpseron 40 euro. Now you do the maths. We are in the business of making money. Is that a crime. We are hoping to make the money on the bar. It is risky but we think it will work.

Youneed to lighten up. If you really go around thinking that people are out to shaft you all the time you will get yourself into an early grave.

If you've got the cash, a second bass amp for keyboards and weirdo bands with 2 bassists would be useful.
And get more microphones than you think you need to cater for the inevitable wave of Jimmy Cake copyist bands.

Re: Hi Silo. Thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by TheIsaacButt
We are in the business of making money. Is that a crime. We are hoping to make the money on the bar.

no. however, there is a history, nay, a tradition, of bands getting shafted by promoters due to the implications of what you said: the prioritisation of profit over everything else. your original post appeared to be offering something new, and many people would be interested if there genuinely was something new here. i appreciate that your endeavours may well be done because you would genuinely like to do something for the bands of the city, and it's possible you're going out on a limb to achieve this. however, it seems only fair that people who do choose to become involved should do so with their eyes wide open. given the track record of the venue you're representing, it seems only fair that people know the score.

hey.
delorentos version:

we had gig booked on a wednesday. for ages like. the butt decided to bump us and put a college night on instead. we had posters printed up and there were problems with money and stuff. we initially didn't get our deposit back (they claimed not to have it) and we were offered another gig, on a monday.
we said no, and eventually we got our money back.

it was annoying at the time, but i don't give a shit now. most venues have done something similar to me or someone i know.

sorry dave, but we won't be doing business with you again, no offence. hope the sunday sessions goes well.

A part from Delorentos' bad experience (which must have been really frustrating, sorry about that!) why is some people on this board SO hostile? What's wrong in being friendly....?

They don't ask bands money to play and this in Dublin is fair enough! ..... they make money? And so fucking what? As long as they're honest and don't screw up bands fair play to them!

Well done Allan, you'll hear from me soon :)

.|..| A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back