Sun City Girls (1 Viewer)

mackle

Playing with devendra banhart here.

Should be good. Cant believe theyre playing Ireland. As much as I find them hit n miss on record I would say they'll be great live.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Playing with devendra banhart here.

Should be good. Cant believe theyre playing Ireland. As much as I find them hit n miss on record I would say they'll be great live.

Gosh! i think i'll go so, kippy and all as the village is. i was hoping i'd only ever see devendra banhart sitting on a little table in doyles. i thought sun city girls were only into special event type performances?

'Tis a real pity it's the village indeed...but I'm really glad someone has brought them over...they were looking for over 2 grand to play when I was in contact with Alan Bishop last time....when is this scheduled for ?

Miss Piggy said:
Gosh! i think i'll go so, kippy and all as the village is. i was hoping i'd only ever see devendra banhart sitting on a little table in doyles. i thought sun city girls were only into special event type performances?

me too. i annoyingly missed sun city girls at atp last year by the embarrassing method of "going for a little lie down" in my chalet and falling asleep for an hour. i then heard how brilliant they were for the rest of the evening.

ratmonkey said:
They were savage at the ATP alright. Are they playing with Mr. Banhart at all his gigs here?

Yep they are. I wonder who will headline

Ciaran Mackle said:
Yep they are. I wonder who will headline

I Hope the little pup shows some repect to his elders and lets them headline, this will be killer.
Who's bringing them over?
Smart move bringing them over with Banhart, their fees are prohibitive considering how unpopular they are.

desertedvillage said:
their fees are prohibitive considering how unpopular they are.
haha, at atp last year they managed to piss off almost everyone i knew over there (the ones who weren't downstairs for lightning bolt at the time that is). i thought they were amazing tho.
can't wait for this. bestest news i've heard in weeks. i'd be surprised if he gets a decent reaction though.

ddmurph said:
haha, at atp last year they managed to piss off almost everyone i knew over there (the ones who weren't downstairs for lightning bolt at the time that is). i thought they were amazing tho.

Me, too. Without a doubt one of the best things I saw at last year's ATP, second only to Boredoms.

I was really torn between seeing them and Lightning Bolt, because even though I'd never heard any LB at that point, the hype surrounding them made me want to check them out. Luckily, I didn't like LB at all, and made it upstairs in time to see the SCGs. (Note: I've now realised that da 'Bolt can actually be pretty good on record.)

ddmurph said:
can't wait for this. bestest news i've heard in weeks. i'd be surprised if he gets a decent reaction though.

Well, I can't stand either Devendra Banhart or The Village, so I haven't yet made up my own mind. But July 29th is still far away, so there'll be plenty of time for me to decide.

Paul

rotten tropics said:
from their site it looks like it's sir richard bishop thats coming over,not the full band http://www.suncitygirls.com/news/

either way,im really looking forward to seeing him/them,one of those bands i never thought i'd see..|..|

i looked at the site but failed to notice it wasnt all scg before rushing out to hastily but a ticket.

ah well, who cares.

photon said:
I was really torn between seeing them and Lightning Bolt
i was going to see lb with the boredoms later in the week again anyway which was handy cos i was initially torn between lb and scg's aswell. got the best of both worlds in the end.

photon said:
Well, I can't stand either Devendra Banhart or The Village, so I haven't yet made up my own mind. But July 29th is still far away, so there'll be plenty of time for me to decide.
i think devendra banhart's deadly. completely blew me away when he played with michael gira and i'd never heard of him before that.

what's richard bishop's solo stuff like actually? i ain't ever heard any of it.

01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back