sun city girls (1 Viewer)

mamul

hey, can anyone recommend some sun city girls albums? their back catalogue is huge and i dont know where to start. thanks

mamul said:
hey, can anyone recommend some sun city girls albums? their back catalogue is huge and i dont know where to start. thanks

Torch of the Mystics is maybe their best-known and most accessible (that is to say, not very) album, but Valentines from Matahari might also be a good starting point. The only other one I have is Bright Surroundings Dark Beginnings, which I also like, but it's three extended and slightly difficult pieces, so might not be the best to buy first. It and Valentines are both in Tower on Wicklow Street, though.

I'd also highly recommend seeing them live, if you can. I saw them at last year's ATP and they were astoundingly good.

Paul

Dont be square. Join the fruit disco..

vitamin.jpg

ms.b.haven said:
yes vincent

nah not hit and miss....pretty much all their stuff is 'mazin!
torch of the mystics is good but you wont be able to buy it for less than a hundred bones from what i gather
valentines from matahari and bright surroundings are usually in tower and are really good places to start.bright surroundngs is real eastern sounding,its pretty cool.
eclipse records is re-issuing some of their stuff from the 80s,i got bleach has feelings too and god is my solar system,both are very good.bleach is mostly weird covers of classic rock songs and prank phone calls,god is my solar system is really good,kinda mish mash of free jazz and improv rock.
they have a 7inch which is still relatively easy to get called uncle jims confessions of homeland security,its lounge-jazz sounding or something along those lines.
one of my favourite bands,its hard to find a lot of their stuff but its well worth the effort.

rotten tropics said:
nah not hit and miss....pretty much all their stuff is 'mazin!
torch of the mystics is good but you wont be able to buy it for less than a hundred bones from what i gather
valentines from matahari and bright surroundings are usually in tower and are really good places to start.bright surroundngs is real eastern sounding,its pretty cool.
eclipse records is re-issuing some of their stuff from the 80s,i got bleach has feelings too and god is my solar system,both are very good.bleach is mostly weird covers of classic rock songs and prank phone calls,god is my solar system is really good,kinda mish mash of free jazz and improv rock.
they have a 7inch which is still relatively easy to get called uncle jims confessions of homeland security,its lounge-jazz sounding or something along those lines.
one of my favourite bands,its hard to find a lot of their stuff but its well worth the effort.
NEEEERD!

And not the good kind either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back