subway... (1 Viewer)

and they've saved me from starvation a few times when I've been stuck somewhere with no other veggie options available.

I remember a few years ago, in manchester after an Autechre gig I had my first Subway veggie pattie. It was after 2 in the morning and I was getting a 6am bus out of the place so I had planned to hang out at the bus station. Anyway, I ended up getting violently sick about 30 mins after eating the pattie. I then spent about 3+ hours dizzily wandering around Manchester in the early morning vomiting into bins.

The thing made me stupidly ill. I was holding on because I thought the bus back would be empty and it would be OK to curl up into a sweaty, pukey ball at the back of the bus for 5 hours. nobody would bother me. it would all be cool.

anyway, the time comes for the bus and I'm still retching every 15-20 mins outside the bus station. As i go into the station the place is rammed with people. shouty people. shouty people wearing football shirts and scarves. Then it dawned on me. The FA cup semi final was on the next day in Cardiff and I was about to share my hell with a bus load of manchester united supporters that were already drinking and singing stupid and annoying football songs.

maybe that is why I hate subway and football in equal measure?

holy shit. i cant believe i started this thread.

i cant even stand the smell of them now.

ah, may 2006. that was an unhealthy month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back