Subhumans/Excuses/Droppin' Bombs (1 Viewer)

That Subhumans gig in Sligo was fucking ace. My first time in that place, like going back in time in a tardis to the 70's. Fantastic place for gigs, plenty of room etc. Didn't even know the name of the place, I've a memory like a sieve, but the ironic thing was it was a Garda who told me where the place was (I stopped in Sligo town, thinking it was there and hoping to see some posters), later on we'd be singing anti cop songs (ha, ha). Can't wait to watch the videos of it Janner when I go home, I waited 22 years to see the Subs and it was worth it.

about 3 hours on train and I was told it's around 100 miles too.
Train was slower then the Belfast one speed wise.

That's long, but I suppose lots of good drinking time.Are you not hungover? If I did all that, I'd be lying in my bed dying - not able to post videos on youtube. Are we able to download these videos? just for personal use, not for distribution or anything like that?Saw a lot of Dublin registration cars in the car park. Did most of you stay in Sligo? How much of the crowd were locals? There was a good turn out. Like I lived in Enniskillen for 10 years and never heard of any punks in Sligo, but that was a few years ago.

I shall be giving them to RoMaaan! tommorow who in turn will upload 'em to PaddyPunk sometime over the next few days.
If u were dancing u will def be in the vids btw :)

As to ur questions
Is a scene in Sligo but yes alot came from outside and yes alot of the locals went as you will be able to see from my vids ;)
I slept in a B&B

How much of the crowd were locals? There was a good turn out. Like I lived in Enniskillen for 10 years and never heard of any punks in Sligo, but that was a few years ago.
I say that it might have been half the crowd were locals but I was pretty drunk so cant remember!:p
In sligo there is only 3 or 4 punks most of the crowd that turn up to gigs down here usually come from Leitrim,Roscommon,Mayo and Donegal

I say that it might have been half the crowd were locals but I was pretty drunk so cant remember!:p
In sligo there is only 3 or 4 punks most of the crowd that turn up to gigs down here usually come from Leitrim,Roscommon,Mayo and Donegal

Drove from Limerick for this stayed at the motel opel corsa fuckin deadly night and well worth the fuckin trip, funniest was Molly kept trying ta grab the mic off dick ta sing crass songs hahahaha, although I was probably the only person who found that funny

I thought it was fucking hilarious!!!!!!bog had to spend a long tile having a chat with one of these afterwards

aye, a lot of folk were pretty drunk, but it was good natured. didn't notice if anyone got hurt. i was probably one of the very few that was sober, but i did still had a wee dance here and there (hidden in the corner, down by the stage). my wife was sitting on the table that Janer was standing on while using his camcorder.

was there anyone from the North at it?

There was a few from the North ya, also there were otehr straight edged guys there, the guy with the big huge spikes is Ben from Galway and Mark the bass player from The Derelicts is straight edged too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back