Studio/Engineer Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

yesboyicecream

Orange Alabaster Mushroom
Website
www.yesboyicecream.com
Does anyone know of a recording studio in Ireland, where the engineer is likely to agree with and endorse the following:

- Galaxie 500 skimped on the reverb
- The Painted Word by The Television Personalities is a little too slickly produced
- I don't really want to be able to hear the bass drum or hi-hats particularly clearly
- Actually, if it could all be a massive fudge, that would be even better
- The next person who mentions the word "movement" gets shot
- JAMC were pop, not rock

Or, at the very least, not get the hump if presented with any of the above statements?

That should probably be - does anyone know an engineer who is likely to agree with and endorse the above?

Genuinely interested in any recommendations.

Thanks.

i dont agree and no1 i know wud.

thats like saying "yeah, i just love that vocal clipping and that snare sounding like dead dustbin". unless u wanted them to sound shit... hmmm, but why though... WHY!!!???

yesboyicecream said:
Does anyone know of a recording studio in Ireland, where the engineer is likely to agree with and endorse the following:

- Galaxie 500 skimped on the reverb
- The Painted Word by The Television Personalities is a little too slickly produced
- I don't really want to be able to hear the bass drum or hi-hats particularly clearly
- Actually, if it could all be a massive fudge, that would be even better
- The next person who mentions the word "movement" gets shot
- JAMC were pop, not rock

Or, at the very least, not get the hump if presented with any of the above statements?

That should probably be - does anyone know an engineer who is likely to agree with and endorse the above?

Genuinely interested in any recommendations.

Thanks.

Man, buy an 8-track or get hold of some software and record yourself! That way ya don't have to answer to nobody. Sounds like you have a fair idea of what sound you want. I get the impression you want a kind of lo-fi sound so paying someone to make sloppy-ish recordings is a bit pointless when ya can do it all by yourself and have great fun doing so :)

i'd recommend cool edit 2 and a mic. You're flying then and you dont have to deal with any jerks. Always a plus

I'm a producer/engineer at Komodo Studios, CO. down. (+44 02892 688 285)

I'm willing to try any kind of experimental stuff in the studio. If you're the customer, you're the boss.

However, I reserve the right to NOT have my name on the credits, if i think the artistic merit of the sound does not sound deliberate, and just sounds shite.

Alwyn.

Gimme a call to discuss further. here are the prices for demo schemes that we run:

Recording a Demo Disc (2-4 songs)

Studio rental or Demo Schemes

The studio can be rented (with engineer) at £25.00 per hour, minimum rental 2 hours or you can take advantage of one of the following demo schemes

All KOMODO Recordings Demo Disc schemes involve the process of recording, editing, mixing, mastering, cover design, printing and duplication of the final CD. Please remember that the more songs you want to record, the less time there is to spend on performance and production. The schemes are designed primarily for Rock Bands but are also appropriate for many other groups and musical styles.

Scheme 2 Standard Demo - £500

This scheme incorporates a pre-production “practice recording” session for one evening with advice and suggestions from your Producer/Recording Engineer to ensure that the recording sessions will run smoothly and the final product will be to your satisfaction. This session can make a huge difference to the quality of the final CD that is sent to record companies.

Typical schedule for Scheme 2:

One evening pre-production (7pm-11pm)

Two days recording (10am-6pm)

One day mixing with band present

Mixed CD given to Band to listen to at home and make comments

Modified CD Mastered by 2nd KOMODO Engineer

Scheme 2 includes 50 CDs with full colour graphics (2+1) and on-disk black on silver printing of Band name, logo and contact details, as well as a copy of all the songs as high quality MP3 files.

Scheme 1 Production Demo - £750

The Production demo scheme is designed to ensure you get the very best DEMO that your band is capable of making. After all, the whole point in a demo is to DEMOnstrate to a record company (or to a venue) that you have what it takes. For that reason it includes TWO pre-production sessions, the first of which is booked approx. a week in advance of the recording, and the second is booked the night before, to ensure that everything is set up for the next day.

Typical schedule for Scheme 1:

Two evenings pre-production (7pm-11pm)

Three days recording (10am-6pm)

One day mixing with band present

Mixed CD given to Band to listen to at home and make comments

Modified CD Mastered by 2nd KOMODO Engineer

Mastered CD given to Band to listen to at home and make comments

Scheme 1 includes 100 CDs with full colour graphics (2+1) and on-disk black on silver printing of Band name, logo and contact details, as well as a copy of all the songs as high quality MP3 files.

"However, I reserve the right to NOT have my name on the credits, if i think the artistic merit of the sound does not sound deliberate, and just sounds shite."

grumpy nazi

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back