stokes joins charlton according to sky sports. (1 Viewer)

I think he'll succeed in the same way Darren Bent has been succeeding - quality goalscorer standing out among his inept team mates. Personally I would have liked to have seen him stay at Falkirk for the rest of the season, he's only 18. But I suppose now he'll be getting regular premiership football which will be a good thing. I saw him at the B game and he looked like the kind of striker who'll score against any team. He's got the strength, speed, arrogance, positioning. If Charlton sell Bent for €20m or whatever monstrous price they want for him and get some decent players in they might even have a chance of staying up. Doubtful though.

Check out this lad now:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...14&lid=7&title=Euro+giants+chase+Scot+starlet

He declared for Ireland apparantley, he's only 16 and Barcelona want him. Bit sexier than fucking Charlton....

will he succeed or flop? difficult to say at this time.

Whichever, he'll be doing it in the Championship next season. Charlton are fucked.

Anthony Stokes said:
"We'll always get good players," he told Sky Sports News.
"We'll give them a chance of European football, championships, winning cups and playing in front of 60,000 supporters.
"You're talking about playing for one of the best clubs in the world. If you don't want that - fine."

European football? Has he seen the league table recently?

Prods are great. They all love the Slash you know.

slash-versjoner_554884g.jpg

yeah, he turned down celtic for sunderland... must be a home movie fan

So how many irish players at sundireland now, i make it

murphy
elliott
stokes
clarke
delap
kavanagh
miller
connoly

crap move for stokes, would have liked to see him go to a lower level premier club (not charlton) rather than sunderland.

So how many irish players at sundireland now, i make it

murphy
elliott
stokes
clarke
delap
kavanagh
miller
connoly

crap move for stokes, would have liked to see him go to a lower level premier club (not charlton) rather than sunderland.

i wouldn't be opposed to this idea of an Irish side in the lower leagues at all, except that it's a graveyard for outstandingly mediocre journeymen so far. not a great influence on stokes, elliot and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back