stokes joins charlton according to sky sports. (1 Viewer)

He was cool alright. Very complimentary about the Rs.

The Real Gino Padula said:
Winning promotion with QPR was the highlight of my time in England.

The Rangers fans were great to me and I will always remember them and miss them very much. I still believe that one day the club will get back to the Premiership.

I also wish Forest the best. The manager Colin Calderwood is a good man and a good manager and I hope they go up.

Good that Jones signed up. What do you think of that Finnish player? Time will tell, I suppose. Bircham still there, although January is long.

What finnish lad is this now? I must keep up.

Great news about Jones though. For the first time in years we have a number of good YOUNG strikers. I reckon Blackstock and Jones are the way forward.

i wouldn't be opposed to this idea of an Irish side in the lower leagues at all, except that it's a graveyard for outstandingly mediocre journeymen so far. not a great influence on stokes, elliot and the like.
cripes, is miller a journeyman already?

The QPR Website said:
Sampsa Timoska.

The 27 year-old Finland international has put pen to paper on an 18 month contract with the Club.

Rated highly in his homeland having accrued a wealth of experience in the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup and Finnish Veikkausliiga, Timoska is set to go straight into the R's squad for the FA Cup third round tie against Luton Town on Saturday afternoon, subject to receiving international clearance.

Gaffer John Gregory revealed his delight at securing the services of the versatile international: "He's a neat and tidy footballer, who is very versatile and can play across the back four, or in midfield.

This is a photo of him:

j-portrait-donkey.jpg

Only joking! This is him here (sitting down):

0,,10373~3073690,00.jpg

Miller isn't the guy who was at Celtic and then Man Utd and then somewhere else on loan? He's a bit disappointing. Good skill but not much character.

saw stokes play for ireland u16 (i think it was under 16 anyway) about 2 years ago in cork. he was outstanding.he had it all - pace, skill, strength.... ireland beat italy 4-1 on the night. remember reading he was at arsenal in the programme and raving about him to arsenal supporting friends of mine.

best of luck to him. we need decent players for the national team fast.

It wasn't Holloway he took over from, it was Gary Waddock. The only caretaker manager in the history of football to win only one game in eleven and still be hired for the full time job.

And to be honest Holloway annoyed me towards the end of his time in charge, seemed more interested in coming up with funny post-match comments than picking a decent team.

So how many irish players at sundireland now, i make it

murphy
elliott
stokes
clarke
delap
kavanagh
miller
connoly

crap move for stokes, would have liked to see him go to a lower level premier club (not charlton) rather than sunderland.

Here's another one, he's my mates cousin from Portmarnock. I used to play 5 a side with him back in the day......... pissed all over him I did :p :p

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0111/wards.html

Ward joins McCarthy at Wolves
Thursday, 11 January 2007 1:45

Stephen Ward will join former Ireland boss Mick McCarthy at Wolves
Ireland Under-21 international Stephen Ward should finalise a move to Coca-Cola Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers today after Bohemians accepted what they've described as an eircom League record fee for the striker.
It's believed the club will receive an initial E250,000 with bonus payments in the region of E150,000 depending on Ward's progression.
Ward is now discussing personal terms with Wolves who are currently managed by former Ireland captain Mick McCarthy.

Keane recently had a 1 million bid rejected for an irish player at celtic called o dea. bizzare that he wants to sign any irish player that shows promise, id be worried if i was a sunderland fan.

in other news it looks like kevin gallen is on his way to plymouth. looks like a few qpr usernames are going out of date here

Surprising about Kevin Gallen alright. I suppose it should improve morale not having so many players sitting around reading the paper etc. I like Gregory, although I do agree that Waddock was awful. Shocking stuff.

Leeds are in serious trouble, aren't they? That's a bit of shock too. They seemed to have turned it around last season.

Hull have sold their only decent player to Birmingham, so hopefully that'll drop them into the relegation zone.

So that's nice.

And to be honest Holloway annoyed me towards the end of his time in charge, seemed more interested in coming up with funny post-match comments than picking a decent team.

Holloway is an annoying cunt, and always laughing at his own shit jokes. The minute he got branded as 'ecentric', he started going out of his way to act the tit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back