Stoat single (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
We put one of our songs on outersounds, if anyone is feeling generous and wants to put us in the charts and impress my mammy, heres where you go:

http://www.outersounds.ie/store/product.php?productid=16421&cat=0&bestseller

Here's the press release:

Underground nobodies Stoat release yet another fucking single

Despite having been on the go for about a hundred years and consistently failing to expand their audience beyond a couple of hundred devoted fans, Stoat have released another single – download-only this time (iTunes and outersounds.ie), as the last time we put out a physical single I accidentally removed a piece of my finger with a Stanley knife while making the inlay cards.

The song is called “Nobody in Heaven”, and it is, like most of the band’s output, a perfectly good pop song hidden behind unsettling lyrics and spooky musical contrariness.

Will this be the one that finally breaks the band into the Big Time? I fucking doubt it. I read a quote once that went something like “It’s better to make music that profoundly moves ten people than music that ten million people think is quite good”. I’ve spent most of my life doing the former, and there’s that fucker from Sterophonics sipping mojitos while floating in his hot tub. He must have heard a different quote.

Anyway, there may be some space in your publication/radio show* that needs filling, so here are some random facts about the band that about 0.1% of the population will be delighted to hear:

* There are 3 of them.
* Their live shows are always unpredictable and often good.
* They practice in a corridor in a damp building in Athlone which means about 2 hours getting-there for every hour playing (but they have practised in much worse places than this, oh yes).
* They are the nicest fellas you will ever meet.

If you are actually interested to find out more, you can do so at http://www.stoatmusic.com (where you can also find pictures and the like).

* You will notice I haven’t bothered tailoring this press release to your particular medium. I used to do this with press releases once upon a time, in fact I used to even hand write letters to accompany them. What a waste! Life is too short for that shit, I’m sure you’ll agree.

Sure why not, for 99cent or whatever that is in britmoney.

It's bloody complicated buying songs of the net (this was my first time).

I read a quote once that went something like “It’s better to make music that profoundly moves ten people than music that ten million people think is quite good”. I’ve spent most of my life doing the former, and there’s that fucker from Sterophonics sipping mojitos while floating in his hot tub. He must have heard a different quote.

"the musical canon is not decided by majority opinion but by enthusiasm and passion, and a work that ten people love passionately is more important than one that ten thousand do not mind hearing"

99cent well spent.

Here egg_ you can add me to your list of fans although I've not seen yas live yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back