steven seagal (1 Viewer)

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
don't ask me why, but i ended up on seagal's wiki, its a fucking goldmine!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Seagal

Mystical dog incident

While being interviewed by PETA, Seagal was asked to provide an example of a special interaction with an animal. To lend context and meaning to his animal rights work, Seagal offered the story about a dog which approached him during his early aikido years in Japan. Seagal described feeling as if he had known this white dog forever. After keeping the dog for a few days, the dog (by barking) warned Seagal that his dojo was on fire. Seagal quickly summoned help to put out the conflagration. Seagal never saw the dog again.

Tesla coils

Seagal is a great admirer of Tesla coils and has even collected a few. Seagal has donated three Tesla coils to California state universities.

Business ventures

Seagal Enterprises markets an energy drink known as Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt, as well as an herbal oil product line.[15] Seagal personally endorses this drink, "I have traveled the world creating this drink; there is none better that I know."[15] He also has his own aftershave called Scent of Action. Seagal has his own imprint of Kershaw Knives. The "Steven Seagal Edition" knives feature 4" blades with his signature etched in, and no auto-assisted opening mechanism.

Desmond Tutu Body Guard

On the same show, "The Friday Night Project", Steven claimed that during the days of Apartheid in South Africa he was a bodyguard for Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

In addition to his biological children, Seagal's Tibetan Buddhist beliefs have also placed him in the role of guardian to a Tibetan child, Yabshi Pan Rinzinwangmo. Rinzinwangmo, or "Renji", is the only child of the 10th Panchen Lama of Tibet. Renji studied in the United States at American University, and Seagal was her guardian and bodyguard.[20]

add

QUOTES

• Steven Seagal: Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: You can take away the money and the fame. I don't look at myself as any of those things. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: I think people are frustrated in this society, where predators prey upon normal, law-abiding citizens, and you never see justice in the courtroom. In my films, the predators don't get away with it. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: I have made a lot of mistakes. But I've worked hard. I have no fear of death. More important, I don't fear life. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: It doesn't work if the bad guys kill his mother's uncle's friend's neighbor's pet dog. You've got to make the stakes high. edit »
  • Steven: Action films are great, but an action film that has characters that are compelling and a story that people can care about is something even better. We love to see action heroes that are vulnerable, that are sensitive, that are family people, that are accessible. edit »
  • Steven: The secret is not to act, but to be. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: (on actors who become political leaders): Reagan was a pretty good one, but I think it really depends on the situation. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: (on Phillippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo): I've never met her, but my impression of her is that she's a very straight, sincere, honest, really talented president, and I hope she gets re-elected. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: (on what he thinks are the most important lessons that one should strive to live by in Aikido) Try to find the path of least resistance and use it without harming others. Live with integrity and morality, not only with people but with all beings. edit »
  • Steven Seagal: I am hoping that I can be known as a great writer and actor some day, rather than a sex symbol. edit »

My OPF Seagal story:
"Q: In your book [Dispatches from the Edge], you mention all the celebrities who showed up in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Does any one encounter stand out as the most bizarre?
ANDERSON COOPER: Steven Seagal. A cop car pulls up, and I'm thinking, 'Weird, that guy looks like Steven Seagal.' Then I realize that it is Steven Seagal. And it's not just Steven Seagal; it's Steven Seagal in uniform out on patrol with the Jefferson Parish SWAT Team. I was oddly transfixed, so I went up to him. He was like, "Yeah, I'm just out here doing my thing. I don't want to make a big deal out of it."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

those quotes are pure gold.
i love under siege, watched it loadsa times with my brother when we were younger. we recorded it off tv one time and thought it was the business. still get a great laugh off it. not only do you get seagal, but also colm meaney (i'll kill this fucker meself!), gary busey (biggest teeth in hollywood) AND tommy lee jones. what a cast.

this is too funny

he plays blues now under the name Mojo Priest wearing a gown

haha.. I think I had that sex symbol quote as my signature for a while ages ago. amazing.

I downloaded urban justice there recently but I haven't watched it yet. seagal in da hood. I'm assuming that it's gonna be monumentally shit. and by shit I mean DEADLY. on deadly ground will always be my fave though. I can't think of a better martial arts eco-warrior eskimo movie.

Ah yes, here we are.

http://www.lightningdrink.com/

A master of several Japanese martial arts, Steven Seagal is a popular action movie hero whose films combine spiritual concepts and social/environmental consciousness with high-voltage violence.

Born in Lansing, Michigan on April 10, 1951, Seagal traveled to Japan at the age of seventeen. There, he taught English, studied Zen, and perfected his martial arts, earning black belts in Aikido, karate, judo, and kendo. Afterwards, he became the first Westerner to open a martial arts school in Japan.

During this time, Seagal occasionally choreographed fight scenes in movies and coached such stars as Sean Connery and Toshiro Mifune. He also became interested in Eastern religion: in a November, 1997 interview for the Shambala Sun, he stated that his encounter with Tibetan Buddhism resulted from his study of acupuncture.

Seagal spent about 15 years in Asia before returning to the States, where he opened a new martial arts academy and also worked as a celebrity bodyguard. Seagal contracted to make martial arts films for Warner Bros. For his first film, he carefully refashioned an average police drama into Above the Law (1988), which stressed characterization and plot as well as high-energy action scenes.It was well-received and Seagal found himself an instant star among action aficionados.

Seagal has since presented himself as a serious student of Buddhism who spends many hours meditating, studying, and practicing the tenets to help him become a teacher and healer.
-- Sandra Brennan, All Movie Guide

Slag him off as much you do (and i did) but i must admire how he made a very tame and timid TMA (Aikido) look bad ass and nasty on film..

Actually i really like the first few of his films, notably MARKED FOR DEATH and especially OUT FOR JUSTICE (which i enjoyed when it opened with a 6 pack of cider)...

After that film it was all down hill - Under seige was average but what ever film he started using kicks I turned off.. I think he releases about 2-3 film straight to DVD every month now...and Unlike JCVD hes not getting better just fatter....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back