Steerage @ Lazybird This Sunday April 18th (1 Viewer)

sinkorswim

Website
www.sinkorswimrecords.com
Steerage @ Lazybird, Sunday April 18th 2004

Upstairs in The International Bar, Wicklow St., Dublin2, 8.30pm,
€4

Steerage are an instrumental rock band based in Dublin, Ireland. Originally formed in summer 2000 there have since been a few lineup changes leading to the current 5-piece lineup of Donnchadh Hoey (guitar), Peter Sisk (guitar, ex-Playground Psychotic), Dan O'Brien (guitar, ex-Denizens of Ilk), Conor Rapple (bass) and Bref Murphy (drums, ex-Papercop). The band's sound has evolved over the years and has recently been described as 'putting the rock into post-rock', 'melodic but turbulent', 'complex and constantly evolving' and 'menacing, dark and deft'. Donnchadh, Dan, Conor and Bref were all involved in an instrumental side project called An Hermetic Collective in late 2002 which formed the basis for the current steerage setup. The band released their debut EP 'Smash Them All to Bits', recorded as a 3-piece before Peter, Bref and Dan joined, on sinkorswim records in July 2003. MP3's, reviews and all the usual are available at
http://www.steerage.net and http://www.sinkorswimrecords.com and over there on your right under Latest Music - check out the An Hermetic Collective Tunes too ----->

I saw the album leaf last weekend. surely it won't be as good as that? fyi: album leaf have one member who solely does visuals, amazing stuff! everyone should do visuals.

enchance said:
I saw the album leaf last weekend. surely it won't be as good as that? fyi: album leaf have one member who solely does visuals, amazing stuff! everyone should do visuals.

yaw. visuals + instrumental music whether it be rock or electronic can be mind blowing. that baraka + lakker thing in bodkins was something else. i guess in that case it was more the music accompanying the movie. swing the balance around and you get something like the first sigur ros gig (who i'd consider instrumental as the vocals are purely a musical addition). the loverly slow moving seascape stuff really sticks in my head. the tron stuff at the recent gameboy night at lazybird was also gift.

Latex lizzie said:
how did the hermetic stuff work out?
prolly could have been better, a little loose - nae bad though considering how long its been

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back