steel string acoustic guitars (1 Viewer)

i use a taylor,can't think what model but its a dradnaught type.while i don't have a clue about most of the sx range,their copies of taylors are unbelieveably good and very affordable.

i use a taylor,can't think what model but its a dradnaught type.while i don't have a clue about most of the sx range,their copies of taylors are unbelieveably good and very affordable.

I have one of those, can't remember the model number, but it sounds lovely and keeps its tune really well.

At a guess I'd say bright, light strings would help, probably capo'd a bit and big strong fingers!

I've been listening to this stuff a lot and I think a big part is the phrasing, they seem to run the the first two bars '1.. 2..' slow and then change on the '3 and 4' a little quicker, which gives it that swaying feel... lovely stuff

I have it all, except the big strong fingers. That's another problem with a lot of old music, blues and gospel guitarists had big strong fingers and they played those strings like they were cotton threads, it's such a good sound.

I just bought an unbelievably shit strat-a-like to facilitate all that soukou stuff, Im gonna stick an e string where the d should be , which shamefully is something i got off youtube but it sounds deadly

I'm looking at getting second acoustic guitar. Since I'm real happy with my 30 year-old Ibanez dreadnought, I'm looking at another dreadnought. I'm getting it because I'm moving away for work and I'm leaving my beloved Ibanez back here, safe'n'sound.

I'm looking to spend 300-400 on the basis that I don't see the point in getting a laminated top (or back).

I looked at a few Yamahas, Corts and Tanglewoods. The Yamahas sounded thin and tinny. The Corts were OK, but lacked something. The Tanglewoods were my favourite, except the one I liked most was the cheapest (a TW28 CLN). The lad told me it's laminated, but it sounds so good because it's not varnished and the wood is quite good. For the price (€199) it had nice tone, good enough volume, good sustain, felt nice.

What Tanglewoods or other guitars out there with solid tops are worth checking out? I mean, would it be worth spending an extra €100 or so to get a solid top?

depends how long your moving for. if it was a few months i'd go for a random guitar rather then just emulating the one you have, you'd probably flog it in a few months anywho. if its for a few years spend that 100.

I'm looking at getting second acoustic guitar. Since I'm real happy with my 30 year-old Ibanez dreadnought, I'm looking at another dreadnought. I'm getting it because I'm moving away for work and I'm leaving my beloved Ibanez back here, safe'n'sound.

My dad has/I learned to play on an 84/85 Ibanez dreadnought V310BK. They're amazing guitars, I think about the only time that I've ever played a guitar that I preferred it was a 3 grand Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back