Statues in Windows - what's da meaning?? (2 Viewers)

Ferox13

You know those reclining wimmim Statues u see in some windows - well actully the funny thing is if someone has em they have them in ALL their windows..

Their Gaffs are usually done up way better than the surrounding ones?

What do they mean?

IS the house a Brothel/owned by Dublin mafia/nest of Vampires/employee of RTE????

Any ideas?

Statues in question....Sorry if it's shakey but I was bricking it as i hate vampires:

statues.jpg

theres a flat in hardwicke st that has about four of them, one in each window.
dont know what the story is, just fashion I reckon

You know those reclining wimmim Statues u see in some windows - well actully the funny thing is if someone has em they have them in ALL their windows..

Their Gaffs are usually done up way better than the surrounding ones?

What do they mean?

IS the house a Brothel/owned by Dublin mafia/nest of Vampires/employee of RTE????

Any ideas?

Statues in question....Sorry if it's shakey but I was bricking it as i hate vampires:

statues.jpg

yeah there's a house in ballybough with them in every window. and another one down the road with the same.

as far as what they mean, i dunno. maybe they're all part of a secret club or maybe it means the house is really a brothel.
who knows?

The wierd thing I've never seen these statues for sale any where..

Is there an online Brothel Furnishing site?

There's SIX in a house on Queen Street - it's a three storey corner house. They were selling them in a plaster moulding shop on Parnell Street for 25 brick. At first I thought it was a Finglas thing and people were buying them because the 40 bus route is across the road from that shop. I thought it was a sign for drug dealers, but I reckon it's just bad taste. There was a phase a few years back of having a brass pot/vase with silk flowers in each window.

I love that house on queen st - and I'm pretty sure that photo is from it and all.

My particular favourite is when houses have nets that go up in the middle, and a statue is placed in the gap and thusly framed by frilly nylon. Lovely.

if i could just open up the discussion a bit further here...

does anyone else remember the time when on a certain holy day (corpus christy maybe... is that a holy day?) there'd be a procession around the town and all the shops would remove every trace of commerce from their windows and put a statue of the virgin mary up instead with lots of flowers and blue and white crepe paper decorations around her? in mullingar we used to start at the cathedral and walk down mary st, down the middle of the town, then up castle st and back up bishopgates street to the cathedral again, all the while saying hail marys and glory be to the fathers. this would be done twice and then to wrap up their'd be more praying in front of the church. you'd rarely see a statue in a shop window now.

I love that house on queen st - and I'm pretty sure that photo is from it and all.

It's no Queen st - that one isup near the UGC cinema but I swear there are dozens of houses around dublin like this. I know the one on Queen st.

They were selling them in a plaster moulding shop on Parnell Street for 25 brick.

Cool info....one must be mine..

but I reckon it's just bad taste.

It's weird that it's always the same statue though. I do agree that the houses with em seem to be more 'done up'.

you can get these quality objets-d'art in a home decorating shop on Talbot Street( they also stock decking seal)

WhiteLady.jpg

For anyone who wants to join in , and keep up with the neighbours here is a pic you can use as an avatar

Let thumped become the new Cabra

wL_avatar.jpg

if i could just open up the discussion a bit further here...

does anyone else remember the time when on a certain holy day (corpus christy maybe... is that a holy day?) there'd be a procession around the town and all the shops would remove every trace of commerce from their windows and put a statue of the virgin mary up instead with lots of flowers and blue and white crepe paper decorations around her? in mullingar we used to start at the cathedral and walk down mary st, down the middle of the town, then up castle st and back up bishopgates street to the cathedral again, all the while saying hail marys and glory be to the fathers. this would be done twice and then to wrap up their'd be more praying in front of the church. you'd rarely see a statue in a shop window now.
That's a May Procession. We used to have them at my primary school. We just went around after people carrying the statue of Holy Mary on a kind of platform full of flowers thing, around the school and convent grounds though, not around the town. Thinking back on it it now it was no doubt ripped off from some pagan thingummy.

I haven't noticed the sexy-lady-statue-in-windows fashion down in Limerick, - yet

drugs......
they're made from, or are indication as to the availablity.

in the old days we just pretended we were auditioning a soul band.

It just occurred to me that these statues may well be this generations variation on the Crying Child paintings that were all the rage when I was a young lad.

We didnt have one in our house but a lot of my more common friends from poor familes had one- probably as a metaphor for their painful existence of oven chips for dinner and yellow pack bread

There were lots of variations

some EVIL!

http://www.cryingboyfanclub.nl/
DSC00062.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back