State of the scene (3 Viewers)

i think if somera s people let us use their space on the no drink or all ages buzz it could be made to work we should be and are well capable.also i think its strange people seem to judge the quality of our scene by how many forgein bands come here.im more cocerned with what we are producing ourselves.i really like the fact that people seem to be putting on or playing loads of different music in a diy way. but id love to see more punk , old school hardcore , fastcore bands been formed again. id like more places where people could get zines and more zine etc and more politics and less tolerance for people who like the music but are sexist,homophobic racist etc....the all ages stuff is important we need new blood.more funny haircuts as well .

Just a point, understand that when I mentioned Gilman, I was simply using it as an example of somewhere that has tried to employ a tough stance on the alcohol issue. I was by no means suggesting that it should be used as an actual model for setting up somewhere similar, I was just making the point that I think a similarly tough stance would have to be taken in order to make people accept that they would not be able to drink/do drugs in such a venue. However everywhere is different and using the exact same rules in one city will probably not work perfectly in another city.
For instance in Greystones as Dylan says they seem to have pretty good control of drinking down there. If you were to try the same thing in Belfast given the current scene here though, I reckon you'd just be told to fuck off by everyone that didn't give a fuck!
Damo don't worry I was aware of that stuff happening in Gilman, kinda reitirates my point above really!
Byrneos, pretty funny, Dan and I were saying exactly the same thing about fastcore bands at the weekend!

byrneos said:
i think if somera s people let us use their space on the no drink or all ages buzz it could be made to work we should be and are well capable.also i think its strange people seem to judge the quality of our scene by how many forgein bands come here.im more cocerned with what we are producing ourselves.i really like the fact that people seem to be putting on or playing loads of different music in a diy way. but id love to see more punk , old school hardcore , fastcore bands been formed again. id like more places where people could get zines and more zine etc and more politics and less tolerance for people who like the music but are sexist,homophobic racist etc....the all ages stuff is important we need new blood.more funny haircuts as well .

I agree. We need more fast stuff. Enough of the experimental and metal stuff. Talking about quality in the Irish scene, have ye heard the Kidd Blunt album? Deadly.

More fast stuff and shit...as said above.

Where are the fuckin Youth Crew bands?Europes full of em!All muscle and short wearing...more shorts in hardcore maybe?

::clef:: who likes
short shorts?::clef::
ShortShorts.jpg

Rimbaud said:
More fast stuff and shit...as said above.

Where are the fuckin Youth Crew bands?Europes full of em!All muscle and short wearing...more shorts in hardcore maybe?

Can't agree more. And pantaloons? Whatever happened to them. When backpacks and pullovers came into the scene things started to slide. Jodphurs are the way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back