Starting a business. (1 Viewer)

Sorry if this had already been said but,
I heard from a business course I am doing that if you are currently paying paye and leave the paye job to start your own business you can have the previous 5 years of paye payments refunded to you to help with your start up costs.Anyone have any info about this.Cant get through to mylocal tax office today?

Sorry if this had already been said but,
I heard from a business course I am doing that if you are currently paying paye and leave the paye job to start your own business you can have the previous 5 years of paye payments refunded to you to help with your start up costs.Anyone have any info about this.Cant get through to mylocal tax office today?

can't say i've heard of this.

and tax offices are usually impossible to get thorugh to on fridays

Summary of the Seed Capital Scheme (SCS)
If you are an employee, an unemployed person or were made redundant recently and are interested in starting your own business you may be entitled to avail of the tax refund available under the Seed Capital Scheme.

An employee who leaves employment and invests by means of shares in a company, which carries on a new business, may claim a refund of income tax paid in previous years. An unemployed person may also avail of this facility.

The Refund
• You could receive all the income tax you have paid over six years, if your investment is big enough.
• You can select the tax years for which you may claim refunds from any or all of the six years prior to the year of investment. Your investment must be claimed up to the extent of your total income in each of the selected years (subject to a max. of €100,000). There is no facility available where the investment can be spread over a number of years so as to utilise personal allowances/credits in each year.
• For each of the selected years, the refund is limited to the tax you have paid, with an upper limit in any year of the tax paid on €100,000.
• The refund may be claimed immediately the company starts to trade.
• If you have already received BES relief for any of the six years selected the amount of the relief available to you in that year is the difference between €100,000 and the amount of the original BES investment.
• You may obtain a refund in this manner for two investments in the company made within a three-year period. Both investments, however, must be made in the same company.

http://www.revenue.ie/leaflets/it15.pdf

Hey guys,

After about 30 seconds using Google for this query, I thought Thumped would be much better to assist!

I'm looking to set up a retail outfit in the city centre. I'm sure there are a few free advice bureaus in Dublin for ppl like myself that have an idea, a way to market it but obviously lack the nuts and bolts of the concept, the taxation, company formation (the boring bits).

Who could I contact to sit down with and help me flesh out my idea, and see if its feasible?

Primo rep for whoever helps out! ;)

anyone recommend an accountant?

I'm in the same undecided boat of sole trader vs company

Can't see much benefits for me in going down the company route but most people i ask seem to recommend it. Would be good to sit down with someone who i can be certain knows exactly what they are talking about.

anyone recommend an accountant?

I'm in the same undecided boat of sole trader vs company

Can't see much benefits for me in going down the company route but most people i ask seem to recommend it. Would be good to sit down with someone who i can be certain knows exactly what they are talking about.

Where are you based?

bump

so yeah someone i know is looking for a way to keep track of which uhh freelancer(?) is doing what, their deadlines, payments owed, all that jazz.

any ideas?

bump

so yeah someone i know is looking for a way to keep track of which uhh freelancer(?) is doing what, their deadlines, payments owed, all that jazz.

any ideas?

the deadlines could be done by just using a normal diary and mark in on the particular day, what work is due (i know it sounds simplistic but it is a good way to keep track of it)
they could also use it to mark for when people are due to paid and supplier to be paid

for other financial stuff - a good accounting program to log it all is http://www.tassoftware.ie/tassoftwa..._software/tasbooks-quickpay-free-download.asp that is from the official tas website and it's free.
the payroll program allows up to 5 staff.

deadlines in a normal diary? i would be hoping for something a bit more advanced. i mean they would.

i'll take a look at TAS. for them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back