Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 288
  • Views 23K
  • Watchers 2
HC: Are you being approached more often these days by excited “Star Wars” fans eager to discuss “The Force Awakens”?

MH: Occasionally you’ll meet fans that feel the way I did when I met George Harrison. You just feel like if you open your mouth you’re going to lose it. You’re re-reminded of the impact that it had on some people. It had a beginning, a middle and an end for me. It was nice, but it was over. I didn’t have a problem with the prequels because it was like they’re playing with my toys but I’m not in the rec room anymore. I’ve moved out of the house. I didn’t feel possessive of it in any way, shape or form. The same when they were planning this third set of stories. I would have been completely OK with it not including us, but I do think having the original cast members there gives it a sense of continuity and scope. But mind you, it’s really about the new generation, it’s not about us.

HC: The first day you were back on set playing Luke Skywalker once more must have been incredibly surreal.

MH: Oh, my God! It’s just crazy town. First of all, the security. We had problems before with people leaking stuff, but I was saying to them, “Is it really necessary to put on this giant robe with a hood that hangs down to your chest to go from my trailer to the soundstage?” They said, “Drones.” I said, “You’re kidding! Really?”… I wish people would just relax. We’re not trying to play games with people. We just want to maximize their experience at the movies where it should be seen and not have it leaked over the Internet. Believe me, it will be here before you know it. Forget about it, that’s my advice. Look forward to all the summer movies. I’m telling you, it’s just a movie. These people that build it up in their minds like it’s going to be the second coming of, I don’t know what — they’re bound to be disappointed.

t’s exciting from the standpoint that it’s the first of the movies in that universe that’s conceived and directed by the fan generation. We’ve never had that before. Now, Larry Kasdan is one of the old-timers like us, but the captain of the ship is J.J. Abrams and he was a fan of the series, which I find very interesting. They’re going to have an input into how things are done in a way that was impossible in the more autonomous period of George’s [Lucas] reign. I hope it’s a hit!

Mark Hamill: Actor talks ‘Kingsman’ cameo, ‘Star Wars’ anticipation | Hero Complex – movies, comics, pop culture – Los Angeles Times

"chewie...we're old"
tumblr_nmwx03OE8w1qz6f9yo1_r1_500.gif

I wish I had this reaction but I'm dead inside

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back