Stage Crew experience? (1 Viewer)

gerryd

I'd love to get some experience working as a member of the stage crew for; summer festivals/venues/gigs of any kind really. Any ideas where I could start looking? Anyone got a good contact in MCD/Aiken?!
Cheers,
Ger

I worked with a guy who worked on the set of the video for 'Torn' by Natalie Imbruglia. He got in the video towards the end during the bit where people came on and started removing the furniture.

It was probably the best day of his life I'd guess. If I met Natalie it'd be mine anyways.

I used to do a lot for Aiken gigs years ago. It's certainly not the worst job in the world, but it's just long hours of unloading cases from trucks and pushing shit around for very little financial reward. (This may have improved since I was doing it) You usually end up working with a load of people that are slightly touched or with some crazy American tour manager who just wants to treat you like shite. It's a good way of seeing first hand how a large PA is put together, which is great if you plan on getting into live engineering, which is what I do now.

If you're just looking for unpaid experience then just look at the website of any venue, get the name of the technical manager and email them asking if you can come in and observe them doing their thing. Most places would be glad of an extra pair of hands that they don't have to pay.

Learn how to wrap a cable properly before you go in.

Thanks a lot. I recently did a sound enginnering course and am looking for any experience I can get in the area. Thanks for the advise. Luckily I know how to wrap a cable properly! Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back