Stabbing at all ages gig yesterday (25) (1 Viewer)

Conor, I think you have a nice idea but it seems a tad idealistic. But that could be cos i've seen/talked to/been talked at by some of the kids who like to cause intimidation at these gigs. And really, some of them are arrogant cunts who won't even try to intimidate the older of us unless they're a good few feet back and surrounded by their friends. They're tempremental for no reason and i'm sure some of them would probably turn out ok if only they'd talk to us but they're unfortunately too caught up in the bravado to let themselves speak to us.

Sean (V.D.) said:
Conor, I think you have a nice idea but it seems a tad idealistic. But that could be cos i've seen/talked to/been talked at by some of the kids who like to cause intimidation at these gigs. And really, some of them are arrogant cunts who won't even try to intimidate the older of us unless they're a good few feet back and surrounded by their friends. They're tempremental for no reason and i'm sure some of them would probably turn out ok if only they'd talk to us but they're unfortunately too caught up in the bravado to let themselves speak to us.
i took a look over on the punk4it board earlier on, and plenty of the 'punks' are also pretty into their teenage boy bravado macho bullshit as well ('david c' in particular seems to be a hyped-up testosterone nutbag). just cos someone dresses the same as you doesn't mean their antics should be ignored.

beetleonitsback said:
i took a look over on the punk4it board earlier on, and plenty of the 'punks' are also pretty into their teenage boy bravado macho bullshit as well ('david c' in particular seems to be a hyped-up testosterone nutbag). just cos someone dresses the same as you doesn't mean their antics should be ignored.

David C was just emotional at the time, he was telling me afterwards he hoped he didnt seem like a gobshite. i mean its fair enouhg he was angry coz it was one of his bes friends, however i wouldnt judge him on that.

The people who caused the shit are not people who attend the gigs. The people who attend the gigs and cause shit are dealt with as well. They've been banned from the gigs for a year and i think theyre starting to cop on a bit. A while back we had a dilema trying to decide how to deal with them and thats when we decided to ban them for a year.

beetleonitsback said:

Oh yeah, I wouldn't dispute that. I mean, we're all people, right? The problem with the kids outside of the "scene" is that they have a different group of people to try to impress and they do it by hassling us etc. by using force and intimidation whereas DavidC (to use your example) was merely mouthing off on the internet. There's quite a difference, as i'm sure you understand.

Sean (V.D.) said:
Oh yeah, I wouldn't dispute that. I mean, we're all people, right? The problem with the kids outside of the "scene" is that they have a different group of people to try to impress and they do it by hassling us etc. by using force and intimidation whereas DavidC (to use your example) was merely mouthing off on the internet. There's quite a difference, as i'm sure you understand.
yep, i understand, don't mean to cause confusion. this is predominantely a side-issue, but i thought it'd be worth mentioning.

i'd posted the comment because i had hoped that there is a consistency and proportionality to how people are dealt with, so that it doesn't just degenerate into us-versus-them-ism. and judging from what dylan posted above you there, there is, so kudos for that.

anyway, keep the discussion going, it's good for getting a few different angles on everything.

hip_hop_06.jpg

yeah - pretty mediocre split
anyway - sorry stupid post
me stupid
tough break to the guy who got injured
avoid doin anythin too stupid, fellers

here, i totally agree with conor. i talked to loads of "scumbags" to find out what the sceal was and they were all sound as hell (even got a bottle of beer off "them") apart from the ONE guy who bottled betsy and two other farts who tried to pipe up but were constantly shot down.
i dont think there is any real threat of violence for future basta gigs. sure, have a few ppl keep sketch on goings on outside the venue and also try to encourage as many of the community as is possable to take responsibility for their own saftey etc, but the real problems that were highlighted by this incident for me were: the prejudice and; the large amount of trust alot of ppl had for the guards. and also how willing so many of those at the meeting were to try and slide their problem off for others to deal with.
what i mean there is, that instead of trying to deal with this issue directly, alot of ppl at the meeting in the park seemed all too quick to allow someone else to look after it.
i dont expect all these kids to come rushing out like ninjas at the next sign of trouble, but if it were suggested that they think about how to deal with such an incident in the future, personally (remaining calm, keeping a cool head, looking out for freinds, standing up for ones community), then i think it would go a lot further for the community than paying ppl to stand guard...

To be honest I don't think you can categorise people in groups which happens all the time. Fact is, some people are dicks, other people aren't, but it all comes down to the individual at the end of the day.

ed in mouth said:
here, i totally agree with conor. i talked to loads of "scumbags" to find out what the sceal was and they were all sound as hell (even got a bottle of beer off "them") apart from the ONE guy who bottled betsy and two other farts who tried to pipe up but were constantly shot down.
i dont think there is any real threat of violence for future basta gigs. sure, have a few ppl keep sketch on goings on outside the venue and also try to encourage as many of the community as is possable to take responsibility for their own saftey etc, but the real problems that were highlighted by this incident for me were: the prejudice and; the large amount of trust alot of ppl had for the guards. and also how willing so many of those at the meeting were to try and slide their problem off for others to deal with.
what i mean there is, that instead of trying to deal with this issue directly, alot of ppl at the meeting in the park seemed all too quick to allow someone else to look after it.
i dont expect all these kids to come rushing out like ninjas at the next sign of trouble, but if it were suggested that they think about how to deal with such an incident in the future, personally (remaining calm, keeping a cool head, looking out for freinds, standing up for ones community), then i think it would go a lot further for the community than paying ppl to stand guard...

Not gettin at ye here boss but, dya not think that post would be more useful on Punk For It?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back