• Thread starter path
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 802
  • Watchers 0

path

Since 2000
spudmonkey

could you please email me ASAP re: court appearance, [email protected], need to get in touch regarding evidence etc for another accused.

regards

the: path i just have got one set of my critical mass protest pictures back and strangely the cops didnt open the camera on me but in all honesty it shows fuck all, i can give ya what pcitures i have if they are needed. Mmm..who's court appearence is this because up til right now (tocuh fuckin wood) i havent actually got a summons and i'm really hoping i dont get one til after my garda clearence for my new funky job goes in.

anyhoo i'll email ya my phone number if ya need to get in touch, actually i was tlaking to a friend of mine earlier who was in the pub last night talkin to this enviromental/civil rights lawyer (i think) type of guy who said we should definitely get copies of the video cctv cameras that are on the top of o connell street which would prove peoples innocence and show that the protest was non violent. I was wondering if ya can actually get the videos under the freedom of information act 1998. Bceause from being in o connell street garda station b4 i know they have several cameras all posted on the top end of o connell street. do ya catually think ya could get ur hands on them.

I think section 23(1)a exempts the Gardaí from the FOI act (1997) in most cases....but i might be wrong.

Section 23 (1)(a)
Section 23(1)(a) states as follows:

A head may refuse to grant a request under section 7 if access to the record concerned could, in the opinion of the head, reasonably be expected to-

(a) prejudice or impair-
(i) the prevention, detection or investigation of offences, the apprehension or prosecution of offenders or the effectiveness of lawful methods, systems, plans or procedures employed for the purposes of the matters aforesaid,
(ii) the enforcement of, compliance with or administration of any law,
(iii) lawful methods, systems, plans or procedures for ensuring the safety of the public and the safety or security of persons and property,
(iv) the fairness of criminal proceedings in a court or of civil proceedings in a court or other tribunal,
(v) the security of a penal institution,
(vi) the security of the Central Mental Hospital,
(vii) the security of a building or other structure or a vehicle, ship, boat or aircraft,
(viii) the security of any system of communications, whether internal or external, of the Garda Síochána, the Defence Forces, the Revenue Commissioners or a penal institution

However...
Section 23(3) provides that access to a record may be granted in specified circumstances where the public interest would, on balance, be better served by granting than by refusing to grant the request. Those circumstances include those where the record discloses that an investigation is not authorised by law or contravenes any law, contains information concerning the performance of a public body of functions relating to law enforcement or contains information concerning the effectiveness or merits of any programme for prevention, detection or investigation of breaches of the law.

This is all taken from The Office of The Information Commissioner website, and a full copy of the FOI act is available here.

I have a suspicion that the FOI link might not work, so maybe just go to the Attorney Generals site and do a search for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back