Spotify - subscription or free (ad supported) streaming music access (2 Viewers)

What's Little Snitch, Ian?

http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html

As soon as you’re connected to the Internet, applications can potentially send whatever information they want to wherever they want.

Sometimes they do this for good reason, on your explicit request. But often they don’t. Little Snitch allows you to intercept these unwanted connection attempts, and lets you decide how to proceed.

Little Snitch informs you whenever a program attempts to establish an outgoing Internet connection. You can then choose to allow or deny this connection, or define a rule how to handle similar, future connection attempts. This reliably prevents private data from being sent out without your knowledge. Little Snitch runs inconspicuously in the background and it can also detect network related activity of viruses, trojans and other malware.

I am, its just that I'm getting 6 or 8 snitches for each new song.

I'm allowing them all, hence the INSANITY!!!!1

Ah I see it's actually based on a form of P2P.. SO your connecting to loads of people while using it. I thought it was just a single server. I wonder if this is useable behind forced firewalls like work..

I've has to turn off the snitches as they were too many.
I'm still looking at the monitor and its full green constantly.

Yeah it seems like its some kind of multiple server type of thing all right. Its CONSTANTLY updating.

Just have to be careful while running it.

That said, its fucking amazing!

I just heard the disco remix of Assault on Precinct 13 and its one of the most amazing things I've ever heard!

Spotify is my new favorite thing. Even my wife is impressed and she don't go for my nerdy likes.

I may sell my entire cd collection and delete all my mp3's at this rate!

It's a pretty amazing leap really. Once this is portable to any mobile device it will definitely change everything.

Are all youse that are using this paying for it, or are not in Ireland so can get the day / free passes?

You can get onto the site via proxies. Go to http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/. Then scroll down and put in www.spotify.com into the search window.

Just sign up then and put BT11AA as your postcode and you can download and use the software.

Does anyone know, using Will's method do you still have to sign in once a fortnight from within a country that Spotify is officially rolled out in?
I believe you do. I've only noticed that message appearing for me in the last week or so. (Initially I used go through a UK VPN for spotify listening until I realized it would still work without it).

It will be interesting to see if the spotify guys manage to get licensing for Ireland, especially after the music labels petitioning eircom for the 3 strikes and you're offline if caught downloading pirated music.

I like this.

Oh they have RSAG's record up I see. Wrong running order but it's there.

I'm not getting any ads thrown at me?not complaining but maybe as it's not meant to be available here yet??

Ok so which record will I search for now......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back