spook album (1 Viewer)

Update: I still haven't heard or bought this. I'm waiting for the Larry Gogan seal of approval before I take the plunge.

I'll send you to the, ha ha, Little Green Man festival because, ho ho, you were always a bit of a spacer, hoo hoo

K, so I finally bought the damn thing - totally lives up to all expectations.

Great, great album - Blighending in fact (for anyone who hasn't paid attention to the previous 5 pages).

Rock'n'Reel!

i can't see many albums, let alone any irish albums bettering the spook this year. every song is goosebump-tastic.

utterly awesome.

to counter all the good vibes towards the Spook album Plan B went and gave it a negative review in the new issue. boooo.

Cheers Ritchie!

Loadza gigs coming up

-Thursday 24th of July with Celtic Euro-rockers FFR (France) and Free Spirit (Austria)
-Thursday 31st of July Tower Records instore
-Friday 8th of August Elton Vs Drugs Hoot
-Sunday 10th of August support to Elf Power (Foggy Notions gig)
-Saturday 16th of August Stendhall Festival Limavaddy

Phew!

Cheers Ritchie!

Loadza gigs coming up

-Thursday 24th of July with Celtic Euro-rockers FFR (France) and Free Spirit (Austria)
-Thursday 31st of July Tower Records instore
-Friday 8th of August Elton Vs Drugs Hoot
-Sunday 10th of August support to Elf Power (Foggy Notions gig)
-Saturday 16th of August Stendhall Festival Limavaddy

Phew!

Savage.

Yeah when you were describing it to me Allen, I thought it could be really good or really dodgy. But it works supremely well. I love the mix of influences and as someone else said earlier it's a proper start to finish album. Every song's a winner, which is rare enough i think.

Bought this a couple of weeks ago, and I've only now just had a chance to listen to it (same story with all the records I've gotten recently) but by jaaaaaysus is it good. Excellent songs. Excellent production. Excellent performances from all. Cant find a fault with it.

Its so Lift To Experiancey (which is a gooood thing) but I think I may have said that to yiz after I first saw yiz live ages ago.

Best album I've heard in a long time.

i gottsta agree this and the villagers are the two best things going on at the minute.. just got it yesterday and it's definitely blowing the fuck out of my trumpet.. so good

listening to this loads at the moment. amazing. new stuff please al.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back