Spook album Dublin Launch Friday April 18th, The Boom Boom Room @ Murrays (3 Viewers)

Well I was at this tonight. Said hello to Ro, who seems like a thoroughly nice chap, and indeed I very much enjoyed his rather upbeat, perky set despite the battle to hear anything over the rudest crowd that ever assembled. I was actually taken aback by the sheer volume. I know they're mostly people ye know, etc, but I thought they could have at least paid the acts the courtesy of not screaming at each other throughout.
Anyway, that settled down slightly, but only slightly, for The Spook gig, which was also excellent, though I will probably enjoy future gigs more once I've had a good listen to the CD.
Some serious rocking going on, which I didn't really expect and was fun to behold.
So well done all round, except for the aforementioned mouths.

Cheers to everyone for coming down. Shame about the level of chat alright. I guess that's what happens when friends and family get together I suppose. I could hear Ro grand once I was beyond the bar.

Bonza sets from Fairlights (loop/wagnertastic) and MDR (great as always, a very tight band performance). G

We're doing the Road independent records store day thang at 2 if anyones about

This was great. The Spook album is definitely passing the car-stereo test. Great stuff.

There was a lot of chat last night but I think it was more to do with the shape of the room. In a narrow but short room there really isn't anywhere to stand without really hearing everyone chatting. In the old boom boom room it was a little more dispersed.

Great gig though. Ro was excellent as usual. Enda Fairlights was also great but it was at this point I wished people would have shut up a bit!

This was great. The Spook album is definitely passing the car-stereo test. Great stuff.

There was a lot of chat last night but I think it was more to do with the shape of the room. In a narrow but short room there really isn't anywhere to stand without really hearing everyone chatting. In the old boom boom room it was a little more dispersed.

Great gig though. Ro was excellent as usual. Enda Fairlights was also great but it was at this point I wished people would have shut up a bit!

Gilbert,

With all due respect, I think the loud chatting had more to do with the behavior of the punters than the shape of the room.
In a narrow but short room there really isn't anywhere to stand without really hearing everyone chatting.
It was a challenge to mix over the crowd noise, but seriously, if the attendees had listened to Ro's performance, it wouldn't have been an issue. I couldn't believe how loud they were. I commented to several mates that were standing behind me at the mix position. They were appalled. I have experienced this in a few venues in the past, it was never due to the shape of the room. Rant over!

Joey
The Boom Boom Room

Gilbert,

With all due respect, I think the loud chatting had more to do with the behavior of the punters than the shape of the room. It was a challenge to mix over the crowd noise, but seriously, if the attendees had listened to Ro's performance, it wouldn't have been an issue. I couldn't believe how loud they were. I commented to several mates that were standing behind me at the mix position. They were appalled. I have experienced this in a few venues in the past, it was never due to the shape of the room. Rant over!

Joey
The Boom Boom Room

Agreed. RUDEST CROWD EVER. It's a given that people will talk at any gig but that was just ridiculous. I couldn't hear any of Mr. Ro's performance (from mid-room) nor could my friend who moved up to the front. It would have been a waste of a night if I didn't get a free CD.

Thanks for having us Al - Spook rocked like mount rushmore (does that make sense?). I got several compliments on my spook t-shirt today.

Thanks for doing the sound joey - absolute gent.

Gilbert,

With all due respect, I think the loud chatting had more to do with the behavior of the punters than the shape of the room. It was a challenge to mix over the crowd noise, but seriously, if the attendees had listened to Ro's performance, it wouldn't have been an issue. I couldn't believe how loud they were. I commented to several mates that were standing behind me at the mix position. They were appalled. I have experienced this in a few venues in the past, it was never due to the shape of the room. Rant over!

Joey
The Boom Boom Room
Your absolutely right. I was hoping that it wasn't that people just couldn't shut up but when you're right, you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back