spiritualized tonite. it was a pod gig right? (1 Viewer)

rampz

anyway same was deadly! except for the couple snogging and all the the talky fucks.

Yep, great gig. Yer man was jumping around beside me for a while before his stage invasions - he was fairly off his head. Shame he didn't get up for a third time....;)

Gig was deadly, Tripod is an absolute shithole. The sound was abysmal. The guy doing the lights must have been off his mash on cake or something. Band were excellent, nice mix of old and new stuff. Take Good Care Of It was brilliant as was the stage diver guy. Three bouncers it took to get him off.

Gig was deadly, Tripod is an absolute shithole. The sound was abysmal.

I was up the front and the sound was pretty good. However, mates of mine who were down the back said the crowd noise was head wrecking.

The sound for Sian Alice Group was really shite though........

I was up the front and the sound was pretty good. However, mates of mine who were down the back said the crowd noise was head wrecking.

me too. I thought it was great. Not the world's biggest spiritualized fan, but that was a great gig.

Jasper, you should have clocked that E head with the Daniel Johnston t-shirt when he was flailing his elbows around you that time.

Would have done him a favour too. I'm sure the bouncers gave him a hiding when they got outside. The one that fell off the stage looked fairly rattled. The most useless bouncers ever. It took one of the heavies from Spiritualized's possie to get him off the stage!!

Jasper, you should have clocked that E head with the Daniel Johnston t-shirt when he was flailing his elbows around you that time.

Having fisticuffs with someone at a Spiritualized gig would be very bizarre!! Although i was sure that the fecker was gonna elbow me right in the face!

IHowever, mates of mine who were down the back said the crowd noise was head wrecking.
Too right, there were a huge amount of people down the back not just talking but shouting at the top of their voice, paying no attention to the band. Why bother going?

I thought it was amazing in parts. The run of take good care of it/come together/take me to the other side was brilliant. I don't think I've ever seen Jason that animated on stage either, he was really rocking out at times. Well really rocking out for him anyway.

Yeah i was up the front too but i still thought it wasn't loud enough. I was beside the fellah on magic monkey juice towards the end. He was flailing his arms around me too, he had B.O. It was rotten. I didn't mind him though, he was having a good time.

A mate of mine (who's a fanatical Spaceman 3 fan) lives on the same street in London and reckons Jason Piece is dead sound. I get texts from him saying stuff like "Met Jason Spaceman in the local shop buying milk. Chatting to him for a good while". He stuck him on the guestlist for the album launch on Monday night as well!!

Too right, there were a huge amount of people down the back not just talking but shouting at the top of their voice, paying no attention to the band. Why bother going?

according to a friend of mine, they were handing out free tickets for this and a bunch of other 'soundtrack' gigs last saturday. im guessing the people who got the free tickets were the ones at the back.

I was up in seated area in the balcony, cause I'm sick of going to gigs and not seeing a thing. It was great, except for the people who took other peoples seats and refused to move "cause somebody took my seat".

Sound wasn't bad but the volume got lost a bit up there. Thought the gig was fantastic though, especially last 30-40 mins. The 2 backing singers seemed to be enjoying themselves, amid the noise and the strobes...

The guy beside me had some savage camera and was talking loads of deadly photos. I was thinking of asking him to email them to me but i was too scared. Did anybody else get any nice photos? I forgot my camera.

according to a friend of mine, they were handing out free tickets for this and a bunch of other 'soundtrack' gigs last saturday. im guessing the people who got the free tickets were the ones at the back.

That would explain it.

I was stuck behind some talkers early doors.
About 5 minutes into the set I said to my mate "I wish people would shut the fuck up"
So the one guy starts nudging his mates and repeating what I said, and they all stared me out of it, all Templeogue-tough like with their faggy knit caps.
It shut them up anyway

That would explain it.

I was stuck behind some talkers early doors.
About 5 minutes into the set I said to my mate "I wish people would shut the fuck up"
So the one guy starts nudging his mates and repeating what I said, and they all stared me out of it, all Templeogue-tough like with their faggy knit caps.
It shut them up anyway

fair balls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back