sound people needed TONIGHT! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Lily
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1

Lily

Hey y'all,

I need to find a sound person for a comedy gig tonight!

Very basic PA set up, upstairs at Doyles pub.

Any suggestjuns?

do it yourself, its quite easy. plug the mics into the desk, keep the "gain" setting between 10 o'clock - 12 o'clock, all the others around 12-ish, and move the volume up/down till you get the desired level.

coolies

might end up doing that - thanks!

damien said:
do it yourself, its quite easy. plug the mics into the desk, keep the "gain" setting between 10 o'clock - 12 o'clock, all the others around 12-ish, and move the volume up/down till you get the desired level.

hey just so ya know the rig upstairs in doyles might have to be activated from behind the bar - if there is music from the decks already playing sometimes you can just go ahead and lash up the mic fader but I DJ there (mainly downstairs) and when I was DJing upstairs a few months back it took ages to sort it out. something to do with a different feed if they're playing the music from the ground floor bar. Anyway just make sure you grab a bar person if there is any hassle they should know where the switches are behind the bar.

i hear ya! thanks for the advice

benni said:
hey just so ya know the rig upstairs in doyles might have to be activated from behind the bar - if there is music from the decks already playing sometimes you can just go ahead and lash up the mic fader but I DJ there (mainly downstairs) and when I was DJing upstairs a few months back it took ages to sort it out. something to do with a different feed if they're playing the music from the ground floor bar. Anyway just make sure you grab a bar person if there is any hassle they should know where the switches are behind the bar.

damien said:
scream.gif

Lily said:
Hey y'all,

I need to find a sound person for a comedy gig tonight!

Very basic PA set up, upstairs at Doyles pub.

Any suggestjuns?

so am I the only people who read this thread title as "sound" people (as in he/she is sound..) are needed for tonight?

oh, yes?.... grand so then.

(was just after reading brianoaks "Sooooo" tread on the lifestyle boards....that's probably what did it....but then again, sound people are always useful to have at a comedy gig...)

both types of 'sound' people welcome

talkinglama said:
so am I the only people who read this thread title as "sound" people (as in he/she is sound..) are needed for tonight?

oh, yes?.... grand so then.

(was just after reading brianoaks "Sooooo" tread on the lifestyle boards....that's probably what did it....but then again, sound people are always useful to have at a comedy gig...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back