sound engineering books/resources (4 Viewers)

Ex-User (1487)

here, anyone know of any good sound engineering books/resources? like, for someone who knows bits and boobs but wants to do some actual recording and maybe put their own studio together (on a low budget). thanks.

http://www.morellorocks.com/resources.html

but actually this is quite good

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/

mostly hip hop, sometimes real helpful, sometimes just real funny

typical post: "yo wassup, my fresh n' funky shit I be dropping on my beatz, gots all whack in the low end and I want to add some rizzle to my shizzle... should I use some mudderfuggin EQ or a bitch ass compressor on it's ass?"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha, i just remembered the name of snoop dogg's new tv show on MTV, the funniest thing i've heard in my whole life i think...

"Doggy Fizzle Televizzle"

aaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha.

i'm just going to ask basetti. Doggy Fizzle Televizzle, aaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha, i can't wait to see it. that man is deadly.

AlphaRelish said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha, i just remembered the name of snoop dogg's new tv show on MTV, the funniest thing i've heard in my whole life i think...

"Doggy Fizzle Televizzle"

aaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha.

i'm just going to ask basetti. Doggy Fizzle Televizzle, aaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha, i can't wait to see it. that man is deadly.

The nursery rhymes are fucking hilarious. I'v eonly seen one of the shows but i get the distinct impression the novelty will wear off pretty quick. Snoopy's been trading on that shizzle dizzle stuff a little too long.

RAD-ALARM said:
......which he stole from e-40 anyway.....

e-40 be settin the slang. it's all gravity, fo shiggendale.

andrew

Jay-Z ripped off Mr. 45 too

Just 'put together my own (low-budget) studio' myself. Will only last until Nov 1st though cos the landlord's moving out. We've made a load of acoustic absorbers and diffusers that we won't need after we move out - you're welcome to have em in November Hag, on a long-term loan type arrangement. Transport will be an issue though, some of em are very big

Learnt most of what little I know about studio shit from http://recpit.prosoundweb.com ... J.Hall and Harvery Gerst's forums in particular. Ethan Winer has a good forum on recording.org too, on room acoustics. You need to be patient on these forums though, they might be a little short with you if you go on there and say 'Hi I want to build my own studio, what should I do?'

Ed said:
but i get the distinct impression the novelty will wear off pretty quick.

NEVER!!!

its going to be the coolest thing ever

I wouldn't even think about watching without a whole bunch o' chronic going on but

one clip he's just sitting there saying he'll kill anyone who doesn't like his show

*amazing*

THAT's what makes it so funny though!

you fucking morons, biters/haters/bitches... for fuck sake. you have an ocean of culture on your own doorsteps, can you even dance a reel? fucknuts.

Ed said:
Snoopy's been trading on that shizzle dizzle stuff a little too long.

AlphaRelish said:
THAT's what makes it so funny though!

you fucking morons, biters/haters/bitches... for fuck sake. you have an ocean of culture on your own doorsteps, can you even dance a reel? fucknuts.

no reels just jigs

actually, being born and raised in the country means that i have a huge respect for our musical culture, it's the best craic ever sitting in a pub/kitchen and absolutely giving it socks with the trad and the ballads, any country gathering always ends up with everyone doing a piece, this is not the case in dublin and i think that this is an absolute disgrace we are a nation of musicians/singers and dancers yet most of us never get a chance to let it out

rot!

here here. actually, on closer inspection, here hair here!

nettle said:
actually, being born and raised in the country means that i have a huge respect for our musical culture, it's the best craic ever sitting in a pub/kitchen and absolutely giving it socks with the trad and the ballads, any country gathering always ends up with everyone doing a piece, this is not the case in dublin and i think that this is an absolute disgrace we are a nation of musicians/singers and dancers yet most of us never get a chance to let it out

rot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back