Sonic Youth, Part 1 (2 Viewers)

What's your favourite?

• Total voters
daydream nation is a classic of all time so its gotta be that.
evol after that.

Very tough - Confusion /Evol/Sister/DDN all blew me away.
Gonna have to give it to Sister though, just for the simple fact that [SIZE=-1]Schizophrenia is one of the best opening songs on an album ever.

[/SIZE]

i wanna listen to she's in a bad mood again now..

i totally agree about schizophrenia.. that song get's better with every year that passes..

they're a top band, like a rapper and all on goo, fucking nirvana wouldn't have had a rapper.

I chose EVOL.

My favourites are:Evol, Dirty, Bad moon rising, Sister, Confusion is sex.

'bad moon rising' is the only sonic youth album i can still listen to from start to finish. doesn't really sound like sonic youth or anyone else. really great!

Very tough - Confusion /Evol/Sister/DDN all blew me away.
Gonna have to give it to Sister though, just for the simple fact that [SIZE=-1]Schizophrenia is one of the best opening songs on an album ever.[/SIZE]

yea anyone of those i could have picked.i think Evol is my fav though.Such a definate and strikingly dark mood to that album.i love the sound of it, also i would argue that Tom Violence is an even better opening song than Schizophrenia.anyone hear that old people's choir version of it, what were they called again, Young at Heart or something?

i can't understand how anyone could go for Dirty.they're trying to be more accessible yet failing, in that it's nearly as listenable as something like Daydream Nation.still some great songs on it, but ...i dunno

Has to be Daydream Nation.
First Sonic Youth Ablum I bought back in the day... (on tape (What the fuck was I thinking?))

i can't understand how anyone could go for Dirty.they're trying to be more accessible yet failing, in that it's nearly as listenable as something like Daydream Nation.still some great songs on it, but ...i dunno

Definetely rate Dirty higher than Daydream Nation. Just personally think the songs are better. S'bout it, nothing to do with accessibility or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back