Sonic Nurse (1 Viewer)

Bunji Rabbit Bo said:
man, the whole compartmentalising approach is not kool (or cool, if you're not cool enough to spell it with a k)

bleepy music can be rather wack.... but then there's nothing like a bit of SY mania.....

Ghost and Flowers was quite boring for the most part...

Murray Street is fantastic... it's great that Sonic Youth have so many great albums and only a couple of so-so records considering how long they have been around and how much they like to stretch the expectations of the listeners... those who never made a mistake, never discover anything...!baggyyyy :D !ironyyy (!cheezy )........
the bleep/rock hillarity was a joke.

hag said:
the bleep/rock hillarity was a joke.
ever hear the album "at home with the groovebox"? it was on the beastie boys label - they got a load of bands to creat music on a groovebox - artists like air, pavement, bis, will oldham, beck... and sonic youth

sy do a track called "campfire" - basically they use the groovebox to make the sounds of a campfire... it's good in a sound art wank way

nEiLo said:
ever hear the album "at home with the groovebox"? it was on the beastie boys label - they got a load of bands to creat music on a groovebox - artists like air, pavement, bis, will oldham, beck... and sonic youth

sy do a track called "campfire" - basically they use the groovebox to make the sounds of a campfire... it's good in a sound art wank way
that sounds like one of the most ill-conceived ideas i've ever heard. will oldham on a grove box? for fuck sake...

nEiLo said:
the album is pretty poor indeed. no wonder the BB's label went down the pan
i'm not being smart, but after releasing something like that, they deserved to be killed.

heh heh heh heh heh, SY made it sound like a campfire? aaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha :D what's the most embarrassing thing on it? steve milkmouse?

nEiLo said:

Was this packaged in a cardigan?

Sonic Nurse is their best album since 'I killed Weather Report with my mate's lose change from the laundromat'
Stones & Piece o'Tack are a bit on the dodgy side
Murray Street was boring except the Lee tune
Wish they'd do more talkin kinda vox instead of doing the predictable singin. ..- The Sprawl & Hallowe'en - rox
...and start havin bleepy sections

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back