Sonic Nurse (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud said:
Have`nt heard the new album yet - or Murray Street for hat matter.

I vote Evol/Daydream Nation/Washing Machine - Liked 1000 leaves alot also.
Dirty too!

Anyone into Bad Moon Rising?Class album.
Then theirs the earlier stuff - Shaking Hell - most scariest song ever.
bad moon rising... it's a stonker. i have a copy of their very first record on SST, the blue and white one, it's just called sonic youth, bob bert on drums... it's fuckin' magic.

hag said:
bad moon rising... it's a stonker. i have a copy of their very first record on SST, the blue and white one, it's just called sonic youth, bob bert on drums... it's fuckin' magic.
Stonker?Like bad?
"Love her all the time" is on it!A classic in the vein of Expressway to yr skull!

Bob Bert - i have albums of him with The Chrome Cranks - they`re one of the most under-rated bands EVER.One of their albums is in the Secret Book & Record store.

Rimbaud said:
Stonker?Like bad?
"Love her all the time" is on it!A classic in the vein of Expressway to yr skull!

Bob Bert - i have albums of him with The Chrome Cranks - they`re one of the most under-rated bands EVER.One of their albums is in the Secret Book & Record store.
stonker = really good. bob bert is an awesome drummer. looks like a smack head.

i made a compilation of Kim songs one time. it got a bit irritating after a few listens.

however, flower and halloween are two of my favourite SY tunes

Kill Yr Idols - fave SY track ever!

First album is great, haven't listened to it in ages. Prefer Confusion is Sex to Bad Moon Rising. Something about the sound of BMR always put me off. Must go back and have a listen.
Ever heard the song 'Flower'? Was a double a-side with Halloween. Great track.

aoboa said:
Kill Yr Idols - fave SY track ever!

First album is great, haven't listened to it in ages. Prefer Confusion is Sex to Bad Moon Rising. Something about the sound of BMR always put me off. Must go back and have a listen.
Ever heard the song 'Flower'? Was a double a-side with Halloween. Great track.
i don't really like confusion is sex. i'm not sure why... like, i think i should like it but it just never really grabbed me.

rothko said:
Mudhoney do a way cool version of Halloween
I played it at Lazybird once

you probably know this
SY's cover of Touch Me I'm Sick on the other side is damn good too..

NYCG&F is arse...
Washing Mash is 'mazin...
Hag, over a pint sometime dude... pain in the arse to type out...
Once had this Lee Ronaldo solo ablum on vynal... clear vynal and all the songs ran from the inside out INDIVIDUALLY! and because it was see through you could never tell if you were putting the needle at the start of the song you were at or the song on the other side... payun ideh tits

sonic nurse is pretty cool,
but i think its ddm/goo/evol/washing machine.

why does kim get her little fuckaround track everytime?

the one on sonic nurse 'kim gordon...' is fuckin annoyin...

murray st is nice thou.

nycg&f is ok, as is 1000 leaves...

cassette/tape said:
sonic nurse is pretty cool,
but i think its ddm/goo/evol/washing machine.

why does kim get her little fuckaround track everytime?

the one on sonic nurse 'kim gordon...' is fuckin annoyin...

murray st is nice thou.

nycg&f is ok, as is 1000 leaves...
do you have some tatoos or what?

Ian said:
NYCG&F is arse...
Washing Mash is 'mazin...
Hag, over a pint sometime dude... pain in the arse to type out...
Once had this Lee Ronaldo solo ablum on vynal... clear vynal and all the songs ran from the inside out INDIVIDUALLY! and because it was see through you could never tell if you were putting the needle at the start of the song you were at or the song on the other side... payun ideh tits
cool beans... i'd appreciate it though. i have a firewire card for my PC. i'm getting a PCMCIA one for me laptop, i'm just after advice on the right firewire soundcard to get... must have phantom power and shit, etc etc.... what model of soundcard you got?

hag said:
cool beans... i'd appreciate it though. i have a firewire card for my PC. i'm getting a PCMCIA one for me laptop, i'm just after advice on the right firewire soundcard to get... must have phantom power and shit, etc etc.... what model of soundcard you got?
Just emailed you re: firewire card

hag said:
but how can you like SY and make bleepy music at the same time? i don't get it...
man, the whole compartmentalising approach is not kool (or cool, if you're not cool enough to spell it with a k)

bleepy music can be rather wack.... but then there's nothing like a bit of SY mania.....

Ghost and Flowers was quite boring for the most part...

Murray Street is fantastic... it's great that Sonic Youth have so many great albums and only a couple of so-so records considering how long they have been around and how much they like to stretch the expectations of the listeners... those who never made a mistake, never discover anything...!baggyyyy :D !ironyyy (!cheezy )........

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back