Songs for the deaf (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1
I had a listen to some of it and there are some great tunes.
Dave Grohl on drums. Hee hee hee.
That made me go giddy. Its good to hear him bashing biscuit tins again.
.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| !cheezy !bing :confused:

I got my copy with the DVD, the dart should de rail on the way home so... rapah

Originally posted by uncle_meat

Dave Grohl on drums. Hee hee hee.
That made me go giddy.

Had the same giddy reaction when I saw Dean Ween's name on the credits... havent sussed out which song/s he contributed to, could be any really... A truly rockin' ablum, word to the wise though... never go to your band practice after listening to it, today I'm nurseing some very soar bloody fingers:(

Mark Lanegan does some great vocals too. Thats one of the things I love about Qotsa..its not actually a band..its Josh Homme and Nick oliveri and whoever they feel like playing music with. First it giveth, the third song is also an amazing song, but I could go on about them all. Other recommended Queens related listening, you probly all know anyway... Desert Sessions (six volumes I think), Mondo Generator and theres some ealry QOTSA split releases with Kyuss and another with Beaver...all deadly stuff.

QOTSA

The Desert Sessions have reached 8 volumes now. Southern Lord ereleased Vols 7 & 8 last year. As far as I know at least 1 song from these sessions are also on the new QOTSA CD

Re: QOTSA

Originally posted by error type 11
The Desert Sessions have reached 8 volumes now. Southern Lord ereleased Vols 7 & 8 last year. As far as I know at least 1 song from these sessions are also on the new QOTSA CD

"You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionaire" was on one of the desert sessions albums alright.

there's a new album out called 'the family kyuss' or something in that vein. its got a song from the variants which the members of kyuss play for - fu manchu, qotsa, hermano etc can't find it about town though. i'd also whole heartidly endorse masters of reality stuff esp. western lodge.

Originally posted by the snitch
i'd also whole heartidly endorse masters of reality stuff esp. western lodge.

I've only got Blue Garden, is their other stuff as good?

QOTSA: Given time I can look back and say that Rated R was crap. I just can't get excited about another album from them after that. Please let it be as good as their first album.

Originally posted by the snitch
i'd also whole heartidly endorse masters of reality stuff

i have deep in the hole, its very very good in parts. wish for a fish and high noon amsterdam would be me favourites on it

While we're on Kyuss/Qotsa related stuff, has anyone ever listened to Slo Burn. They released an e.p. called "amusing the amazing" which is brilliant. It was songs taken from recordings which were supposed to be released as an album. There was 1000 copies of this album made and I have one :D :p . Unfortunately they broke up and John Garcia went on to form Unida...who bore the arse off me to be honest..

Didn't Nebula do a split with Slo-Burn or was that LowRider. Way too many bands on Man's Ruin (RIP) knocking out Ep's and Splits to remember them all. :confused:

Originally posted by error type 11
Didn't Nebula do a split with Slo-Burn or was that LowRider. Way too many bands on Man's Ruin (RIP) knocking out Ep's and Splits to remember them all. :confused:

I don't think Nebula and Slo-burn did a split release. Unida did a split release with Dozer, and the Unida songs on that are good, but the unida album is boring.

Mans ruin was kind of like a genre, more than a label.

where d'ya get that album you're talking about Dan? it sounds deadly. i got that hermano thing a few weeks back and its skiddies. feel the same about fu manchu efforts. i loves the CHUNDGGGG and the SLUDGE you see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back