songs and crying (1 Viewer)

moc said:
at least mistakes and regrets has a bit of aggression to it... its the forlorn ones that get me
If i could make a list of my mistakes and regrest
i'd put your name on top...
every inch of hope becomes a world of shame

etc etc etc

but there's songs that remind me of people in a good way also, like when i got 'so that tonight we might sleep' by mazzy star as a present...

Sad songs that get me:

Nick Cave's cover of "By the Time I get to Phoenix"
Various Dirty 3 songs, mosty off Horse Stories.
The last song on the first CD on "Texas Jerusalem Crossroads" by Lift to Experience.

Unclealo said:
Sad songs that get me:

Nick Cave's cover of "By the Time I get to Phoenix"
Various Dirty 3 songs, mosty off Horse Stories.
The last song on the first CD on "Texas Jerusalem Crossroads" by Lift to Experience.
no fucking way, cant believe someone mentioned lift to experience in my presence... amazing band... shame about all the shit that happened them, that albums deadly

the theme music from The littlest hobo is devastating.

the poor little guy. he makes all these friends and helps them out, but he has to keep moving on tomorrow because he has to help someone else

ostrichsyndrome said:
If i could make a list of my mistakes and regrest
i'd put your name on top...
every inch of hope becomes a world of shame

etc etc etc
the music is so angry though... such a great song

listening to that detroit has a skyline song, wouldnt get the emotion flowing

There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road is where I'll always be

Every stop I make, I'll make a new friend
Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want settle down,
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

(..wipes tear from eye)

Knocks me off my Feet by Stevie Wonder.
"I don't wanna bore you with it, Oh but I love you I love you I love you".

and

Unplanned by Tyconaut, again with the sappy. But the lyric "the most beautiful one I ever nearly knew" sob.
I'm a sap. I cry at love songs, and ads, and whatever (what date is it?).

moc said:
the music is so angry though... such a great song

it would, if thats all you could think about as your girlfriend walked out the door for the last time...

dont get me wrong i love (and am required to be rocked) but sometimes life throws these funny little things in your face and you cant avoid them

ostrichsyndrome said:
dont get me wrong i love (and am required to be rocked) but sometimes life throws these funny little things in your face and you cant avoid them
yup, thats me with dont i hold you by wheat. killer.

Donkey OJ said:
anyone know that superchunk tune - detroit has a skyline? the acoustic version in particular. reason i ask is i'm wondering does it make you cry. i know 3 girls who for some reason cannot hold the tears in when they hear this tune. granted they're girls and stuff. its not a particularly sad song either. indecipherable lyrics and stuff. might be something to do with indecipherable lyrics, witness michael stipe and the emotion in his words. is there anything else out there that illicits the same tear jerk response in ye well 'ard thumped'rs? Mogwai - R U still in 2 it does it for me. And Slint's Washer. Which i was just listening to hence the rambling straw poll.
Aerosmith- I Dont Want To Miss A Thing
fucking amazing song, makes all my birds cry.

Cursive - Sierra
Silver Mt Zion - Couldve Moved Mountains
Envy - Color Of Fetters
Explosions In The Sky - Have You Passed Through This NIght?
Twin Peaks Theme

If I were a rich man,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a wealthy man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Yidle-diddle-didle-didle man.

ostrichsyndrome said:
it would, if thats all you could think about as your girlfriend walked out the door for the last time...

well im no filter fan but heard a song by them called take my picture or take a picture, anyway only heard it this summer and it did something very nice for my system. even the cloud drums!!!!

clonan attack said:
well im no filter fan but heard a song by them called take my picture or take a picture, anyway only heard it this summer and it did something very nice for my system. even the cloud drums!!!!
ya, thats a good song. dont like filter, and that drummer who filled in for jimmy chamberlain on the pumpkins tour was awful...but I liked that song.

Donkey OJ said:
i was in the chinema watching lost in translation and that my bloody valentine tune "sometimes" came out of nowhere and i hadnt heard it in years and it absolutely floored me. more indecipherable lyrics. uncontrollable emotion is very humbling.
Jeebus wept... Saw that movie for the first time tudder night...
Floored me totally... 'mazin

ostrichsyndrome said:
moc said:

this song has really grown on me. love it.

FancyGoods said:
the theme music from The littlest hobo is devastating.

the poor little guy. he makes all these friends and helps them out, but he has to keep moving on tomorrow because he has to help someone else
You fucking bollox Fancy, that was my line..I was even googling for the lyrics (which you threw in later)

I give your line-stealing -13 bogs, like so:

-!bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog !bog

Now where's slowey with his dog picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back