Something fishy at the Offy. (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
My brother brought home a bottle of whiskey he'd bought in a local off licence. It had a UK duty stamp that was covered over with a sticker. Is there any way this is legit?

I had thought of that, or just plain fraud. Get a couple of thumpeders who own their own suit to turn up there some day saying you're from Revenue and will have to confiscate all the bottles of booze that have the UK label. I doubt, even if they realise it is a scam, that they'll report you.

zod.head.jpg

My brother brought home a bottle of whiskey he'd bought in a local off licence. It had a UK duty stamp that was covered over with a sticker. Is there any way this is legit?

Chances are that it is 100% legit. It would have been stock packaged for the UK market but sent over here through the proper channels.

My work buy from a number of UK suppliers under bond. All the relevant taxes are paid either when it comes into the country, or if it's going into our bond we have to pay the taxman before it is sent to us.

Chances are that it is 100% legit. It would have been stock packaged for the UK market but sent over here through the proper channels.

My work buy from a number of UK suppliers under bond. All the relevant taxes are paid either when it comes into the country, or if it's going into our bond we have to pay the taxman before it is sent to us.

..... James Bond?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back