some good news / some bad news (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
There's got to be something we can do to avoid something like this happening again.
Two gigs on the same night (again!). This time it's the Julius Geezer gig in the Shelter (vicar st. 2) with Joan of Arse, Omelette and Large Mound while the other side of town the kids host "an americam band", connect 4 orchestra and the Kabinboy!!

Surely with the modern internet we could get together some sort of calander site for giggers. huh?

yeah, it's feverdream from holland, castles & car-wrecks from leeds, the kabinboy and the coldspoon conspiracy (i wish we were the connect 4 orchestra...) in the temple.
bit of a dilemma, i hate missin d'arse...

Ron Keel (13-11-2000 09:51 a.m.):
There's got to be something we can do to avoid something like this happening again.

Surely with the modern internet we could get together some sort of calander site for giggers. huh?

Eh...what's that little button up the top of the page in between news and music?
And the fever dream date has been on that page for some time. But in fairness to the geezers getting the shelter isn't the easiest thing in the world. So I can imagine they really can't change. Fever Dream are on Tour so this is the only date they have free. So looks like you'll just have to choose. I know where I'll be. Like it or not.

Will Vicar St. 2/ The Shelter (shite shite name) be up and running that soon? It still looks very derelict from the outside?

Are they planning a Vicar St 3 (The Rank?) on the other side of Vicar St. 1? They appear to have taken over that building too.

Maybe soon there will be hundreds of Vicar St.s and Thomas St./ The LIberties will be a cultural quarter to rival Temple Bar.....

Oh look, there's another one of those pigs...

Puget Sound /penfold Sat 19th.
same fuckin night as bad manners!!
two ska gigs the one night how clever!!!

ok I know there's the listings page of thumped. But usually by the time a gig gets to the listings page it's too late.

Already missing the kabinboy.

Call me overly sensitive, but I'm detecting a slight note of dissatisfaction here with the level of updates to the listings page....

So, some reminders of why you won't see stuff there:

1. Don't expect to see any MCD/Aiken stylee gigs listed. Because you won't. Unless they're sent in with no mention of who is putting on the gig. (I'm looking at YOU here, member(s) of The Jimmy Cake...)

2. I can only list gigs that people actually tell me about, surprisingly enough.

3. Sometimes I don't actually have time to update the page - the solution to that one is to get the listings in as soon as possible.

4. Sometimes I forget.

The david kitt / jimmy cake gig a couple of weeks ago

A couple of people got in touch to say that it was an MCD thing & stuff & wanted to know why I had it listed when i'd specifically said before that i wouldn't list things put on by that company.

Now don't get me wrong - nobody who got in touch had a problem with it, and it doesn't really bother me, i'd just rather not provide free advertising for organisations that don't need it, and that's why I don't list MCD style stuff.

shit

i just realised something

Now that I think of it, the email i got about that gig was sent to me personally, and not the site as such....

forget i said anything.

duh me

Pete. For the record. We only found out about the gig 4 days before the date and I personally had no idea that it was an MCD gig until I got to Whelan's that night. Not that it would have made a huge difference to me personally, the point is that we wouldn't set out to deliberately deceive.

Grand so.

such fuzzy luvvy-duvvy posts! keep it up! we'll drown this city with love! and mutual respect and understanding! and rock and fucking roll!!!

by the way, why is spudmonkey (spudmonkey!) a "premium member in member's group", and everyone else is a "normal" one? has he been sucking a lot of proverbial cock recently?

You shut your fucking cakehole, boy.

the normal / premium crap is automatically done based on the volume of posts made by an individual

that's all

yowch!!

i mean, yyeeeoowwch!! miiiaaaoowww!!!

i think i touched a raw nerve there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back