Somadrone - Depth of Field LP/CS/DL (WOLF007) - Out Friday 3rd Dec (1 Viewer)

skinny wolves

Website
www.skinnywolves.com
Hi there

Following on from recent releases for Cap Pas Cap and Patrick Kelleher & his Cold Dead Hands, we are delighted to announce the release of SOMADRONEs new masterpiece, 'Depth of Field'...

The album will be released next Friday, followed by a full Irish tour in December. Full details below....

Somadrone - Depth of Field

Label: Skinny Wolves Records
Cat No: WOLF007
Release Date: Friday 3rd December
Web: www.iamsomadrone.com

156646_471460791944_43719211944_6002745_2849802_n.jpg

ABOUT 'DEPTH OF FIELD'

San Francisco based Somadrone's third long player, Depth of Field, is a follow up to 2007's Of Pattern and Purpose and 2005's Fuzzing Away to a Whisper, released on Trust Me I'm a Thief Records.

Member of Dublin's cult band, Redneck Manifesto, Somadrone recorded Depth of Field in Dublin, Ireland / Siggen, Germany / Stockholm, Sweden / Noyant la Gravoyere, France / Berkeley and San Francisco, California, A number of these recordings were written and recorded at various artist residencies including EMS (Institute of Electro Acoustic Music, Stockholm), during free intervals while study for a PhD in Music or while living in temporary exile.

The result is far from pre-existing material: 7 out of the eight 8 tracks have vocals, more acoustic instruments and standard song forms. Along with aid of a brass and string combo, Depth of Field is a totally new sound for Somadrone; a minimalist inspired electronic pop songbook, somewhere between Ennio Morricone, Jim O Rourke and Air.

Depth of Field is out on Skinny Wolves Records, December 3rd 2010 on Vinyl, Cassette and Download.

Preorders available from the Skinny Wolves Store

PREVIEW

View the full artwork from acclaimed designers M&E here :
http://me-me-me.se/#696371/Somadrone-Depth-Of-Field

Listen to VAPOURs, the opening track from the LP, here : http://somadrone.bandcamp.com

View the video for PROVIDENCE from the LP here :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(The video was made by Eoghan Kidney, who recent CV includes work for Sh1t Robot, Valerie Francis, Delerontos, Fight Like Apes, etc... )

Recent Press

"Detachment that we find in Steve Reich or Brian Eno circa Music for Airports" - Wire Magazine

"Of Pattern and Purpose is a collection of blissfully slow-motion, deeply anchored bleeps" - Irish Times

Somadrone –"Depth of Field" : Irish Tour Dates

Saturday 18th December /
Block T, Smithfield, Dublin (Tickets: www.tickets.ie/skinnywolves)
Somadrone w/ Patrick Kelleher, Visionair + Skinny Wolves DJs

Sunday 19th December /
Cyprus Avenue, Cork
Somadrone w/ Patrick Kelleher + Katie Kim

Monday 20th December /
Roisin Dubh, Galway
Somadrone w/ Patrick Kelleher + Declan Q Kelly

Tuesday 21st December /
The Menagerie, Belfast
Somadrone w/ Patrick Kelleher + Hello Translinks?, Dirty Talk and Skinny Wolves DJs

New video for CONVERSATIONs from 'Depth of Field', which is available to buy now!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here, this LP is deadly. Only one thing. Why are there only 7 tracks on the vinyl download?

Check out this new mix from SOMADRONE, for Skinny Wolves

http://soundcloud.com/skinnywolves/somadrone-mix-december-2010

1. New Order - Chosen Time
2. Cluster - Heisse Lippen
3. Bruce Hackk - Electric Turn to Me
4. The Normal - Warm Leatherette
5. Sam Spence - Leaving
6. Tones on Tail - Lions
7. Visionair - Totem
8. Esplendor Geometrico - Moscu Esta Helado
9. Oppenheimer Analysis - Radience
10. D.D Denham - Two Teeth Missing

postie aint arrived with mine yet. did you get yours this morning joss?

I bought mine off Peter on Saturday night, Mark.
Here, I tried again and got all the MP3s. Happy as Larry Leagues. Eccelente.

this was fucking freezing. gig was great despite the unreal amount of chatting the whole way through. why go to a gig like this, then ignore the band in favour of talking loudly to the ironicly mustachioed eejit beside you?

the album is wonderful. fuzzing away is one of my go-to working albums, but this new one is different and even better. the singing is great and the 3 lads did really well on saturday. bravo!

this was fucking freezing. gig was great despite the unreal amount of chatting the whole way through. why go to a gig like this, then ignore the band in favour of talking loudly to the ironicly mustachioed eejit beside you?

the album is wonderful. fuzzing away is one of my go-to working albums, but this new one is different and even better. the singing is great and the 3 lads did really well on saturday. bravo!

BYO does have its disadvantages. More drink consumed than normal, hence loosening of tongues and more pronounced as the night goes on. I did let a yelp out of me to SHUT UP but to no avail.

BYO does have its disadvantages. More drink consumed than normal, hence loosening of tongues and more pronounced as the night goes on. I did let a yelp out of me to SHUT UP but to no avail.
It was the same when he played that byo gig in blackpits last January. Loads of loud drunk people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back