Solar PV (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 266
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 1
Here’s yesterday’s stats anyway

View attachment 17188
That blue chunk of export is annoying me. Having another 5kwh battery would probably get rid of the ~30% export/import discrepancy, but that’s in absolutely optimal conditions. Having the extra battery to fill up at overnight cheap rate could also be useful in the depths of winter when the PV isn’t generating much, but I’ll wait and see.

Still waiting on the other 3 panels to be hooked up properly…
my numbers are looking similar to this during this good weather spell

yesterday I had the washing machine and dryer on while it was sunny and still imported less than 1kw/h for the whole day.

It has made me realise that the 7 panels (2.5kw/h total) is plenty enough for our needs. We're generating far more than we can use and the real winners here are the ESB.

We don't have an EV, but can heat our water from the battery. A second battery wouldn't be cost effective for us at all, though it would bring our imported power down to zero I reckon.

The Man has been back up on the roof this morning looking at the 3 that aren’t generating yet. Hope to have that sorted today….

I suppose it depends how you look at it.
Pete obviously wants to use all his OWN power.
I'm more interested in getting our bill as low as possible. The bit we sell to the grid helps with that.

Got the May bill today. €37. There's a Microgen Credit of €49.98.
The standing charge is 99c pr day for 31 days.

Comparison; our bill last August was €111. I can't compare last May because we were still on 2-month bills then.

Summertime savings.

got the three north facing panels hooked up on Friday. obviously they're never going to output as much as the 6 south facing ones when it's actually sunny out, but interesting to see the performance when it's overcast considering there are only three panels north facing.

yesterday:

1686479536918.png

today so far:

1686479716824.png

PV1 = North, PV2 = South

Generated 27.7kWh today. 13.09kWh of that was exported even with the washing machine run three times....

1686786774812.png

orange line = 3 north facing panels, blue line = 6 south facing.

Generated 27.7kWh today. 13.09kWh of that was exported even with the washing machine run three times....

View attachment 17220

orange line = 3 north facing panels, blue line = 6 south facing.
the numbers are great but I feel sick to my stomach when I see the amount being exported.

yesterday I exported more than I imported. Imported ~5kw/h, exported 8kw/h.

The pricks really need to allow this offset on a 1-for-1 basis. As in, what you generate in a single day should offset what you import that same day. Anything above what you import should get sold back at the agreed rate.

It just seems unfair that you are paying them more than what they are paying you for the exact same thing, in the exact same day. Pricks.

the numbers are great but I feel sick to my stomach when I see the amount being exported.

The pricks really need to allow this offset on a 1-for-1 basis. As in, what you generate in a single day should offset what you import that same day. Anything above what you import should get sold back at the agreed rate.

It just seems unfair that you are paying them more than what they are paying you for the exact same thing, in the exact same day. Pricks.
Yeah I’m not getting paid *anything* yet.

If you’re selling at 21c during peak rate while they’re charging 42c….

YES BUT ARE YOU MAINTAINING A GAS TURBINE GENERATOR PETE?

In fairness I get it. You have paid for the power station and they are setting the price and that is shit

On the other hand, the substation behind our place got struck by lightning a few times the other evening. Power went down for a few hours and lads in vans were there in borderline torrential rain trying make the thing go again, which i think is what difference in price is about....

a woman i know still has one of the old meters - the spinning disc ones. the lads who fit her panels for her told her to guard that meter with her life.

however; in what other context would you, as a consumer, be able to sell to a wholesaler at the same price they sell to you at retail? especially when you can make zero guarantees about the consistency of your supply.
i know there needs to be more financial impetus for people to fit the panels, am just looking at the above part separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back