social centre is GO (1 Viewer)

KatieMutated said:
certain things would still grow...like herbs and such.

indeed.

i actually have a book somewhere on growing fruit, veg and herbs in really small urban spaces.

food grows in the community gardens, wouldnt eat anything grown on abbey street myself.

weeler said:
food grows in the community gardens, wouldnt eat anything grown on abbey street myself.

yea - I'd probably keep things covered although with the reduced traffic on the street the air quality may not be so bad. you could do a simple particulate test - double sided sticky tape on a white sheet of paper and leave it for a while and see how dirty it gets.

plastic bottles make good cloches and wander over to the back of jervis and see if you can get any used PET wrap that has been used on delivery pallets.

vegetables2.jpg

cloche1.jpg

IS WHITE PAINT STILL NEEDED?
I just asked me Da and he said he has a good bit hidden around the gaff that he'll give plus he's gonna hunt down some other things (stain, charis etc...he'll see what he can do).

hope that was of some use.

if anyone is available there's work that needs doing on the social centre today from 3 and tomorrow from about lunchtime. probably on sunday too.

DuncheeKnifed said:
if anyone is available there's work that needs doing on the social centre today from 3 and tomorrow from about lunchtime. probably on sunday too.
what needs doing tomorrow?

it's mostly painting the ceiling and the walls. Also maybe a bit of plastering small holes in walls. We'll see if much gets done tonight. We might also be able to start sorting through stuff in the second room depending...
We need to replace some pipes to get the water going upstairs.

DuncheeKnifed said:

clare said she'll be there from 11-11.30 tomorrow (sat) morning.

it's looking great now, really taking shape. more work doing tomorrow (sunday) if anybody's available. there'll be people there from 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back