social centre is GO (4 Viewers)

KatieMutated said:
haha I just got docked punk points there for offering help and some shelving.
"who cares" with that mentality Im sure this place will last especially if "PuNk As FAwk" people like yerself are involved.

see boss thats why you should become a subscriber cause then ya get to see who the little fecker is who docks you punk points, and then at some later stage drunkenly slur at them at a gig, or throw peanuts at them..|..|

spuded said:
see boss thats why you should become a subscriber cause then ya get to see who the little fecker is who docks you punk points, and then at some later stage drunkenly slur at them at a gig, or throw peanuts at them..|..|
I wondered how RocksteadyJedi always knew when I docked him points !cheezy

Sound, fair play to all involved.
I'm willing to help out in any way possible, now the first thing is that I have ordered a large bulk of zines and other items from abroad, and with any margin of profit on them, I'm hoping to offer as a donation. Also, I'll be setting up a gig very soon, which could be a benefit, if you need it, the offers willingly there! also, if needed i can pick up a very reasonably priced three piecer sofa, its fuckin comfortable as they get, and fairly cheap, so like there's a few things...
best of luck anyways :)

jaysus
Thanks everyone, yis are deadly! We will need paint, yeah, trianglegrrrl, would you be able to get it to us or should we try and arrange to pick it up?
People will be there all day today I think. Shelves, paint, flooring, I cant really think of more stuff we need except a ceiling for the second room :rolleyes: and we don't really need a sofa thanks faganfest we've got one and there's not that much room. mostly chairs we need. and shelves.
A benifit gig would be amazing, we've already spent loads on wire brushes, paint brushes, plaster, rollers etc.
We'll be having a big open meeting for anyone who wants to use the soace as soon as it's painted and stuff. We though it would be done by monday but i wouldn't count on it. Thursday maybe.

Oh I forgot to say if anyone is setting up a standing order yoke we need to keep track of how much we have so will people pm me with the amount per month or tell someone from the spraoi. Don't feel like a donation has to be loads, 10 yoyo a month from enough people will sort us out or whatever u can afford.
Or donate loads if you really feel like it:p

mazzyianne said:
.....and we don't really need a sofa thanks faganfest we've got one and there's not that much room. mostly chairs we need. and shelves.
I'm sure I can find 2 or 3 (dusty) chairs in the attic that you can have... and I'm sure I can find someone to help me deliver them too.

Will there be anyone there tomorrow daytime?

i dunno, i'm sure there will be someone there tomorrow even if it's just yer man who lives there I'm sure he'd be cool with you dropping in the chairs. I reckon there'll be people there most days. I'll find out. haven't been in today.
Also, cancel the order on shelves.

ok, the buzz is:
If you're interested in dropping in to the [under-construction] social
centre on Middle Abbey St... and even doing a spot of painting, DIY, giving
decor advice etc, do so:
* On Monday between 1pm and sometime in the evening, maybe 8 or 9pm.
* Subsequent days will hopefully be the same.
It's 47 Middle Abbey St, beside Epicurean Food Hall.

NEEDED MONDAY
White or off-white paint... if you have some lying around, better to use up
old than to buy more.

TUES/WED
Floor-stain (if you have some etc..)

NEEDED AT SOME STAGE:
Chairs (or a bench)
Table/desk

tomorrow carmel will be there 1-3pm eric 3-5pm dara 5-7 so also needed are people to volunteer to be sure to be there at certain times coz what happened today was someone would show up, find no one, leave, 5 mins later someone else shows up etc.
also if you want to be put on the mailing list pm me and I'll try to find out who the moderator is.

DuncheeKnifed said:
there is access to the roof. no garden, just a little yard at basement level. food?

just thought you may have access to a roof where you could grow some food/herbs for a kitchen/FNB or whatever you may be doing in the coming months.

urban edible gardens are, em, deadly.

edit - although the seasons are not with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back