Sociable Knitting #6 (1 Viewer)

I see you're a teacher. I work for a teachers' union. Thus I am wary of meeting teachers outside of work as I think they are mental.

You're not mental are you?

First time stumbling onto this section of thumped. Do you know of any knitting clubs in Dublin? I'm only a beginner but am keen. So so bored of the regular pub scene.

gingercut said:
First time stumbling onto this section of thumped. Do you know of any knitting clubs in Dublin? I'm only a beginner but am keen. So so bored of the regular pub scene.

well, there's us (unless we seem too alarming) - we meet up every couple of weeks or so in someone's lovely residence of a sunday afternoon for knitting/tea/confectionery/discussion of potentially fatal hamster ailments. beginners welcome! we normally post the details here - i think the next one is in a fortnight's time, yes?

Sounds great. Thanks. From what little I'd read I got the impression you all knew each other. I now get that it really is open to all. My sister in NY is the serious knitter (she spins yarn too-very cool) and on my last trip to see her she got me started. To my surprise I picked up from where I'd left off (age 8) without too much trouble. Just one scarf so far but the holiday was only in March. When I realised I'd knitted it too wide I was even brave enough to unpick the entire thing and start again. Almost done. I really didn't think I'd enjoy knitting as much as I do. I now understand how you are all hooked. I'll keep an eye out for the next Sunday get together.

gingercut said:
Sounds great. Thanks. From what little I'd read I got the impression you all knew each other. I now get that it really is open to all. My sister in NY is the serious knitter (she spins yarn too-very cool) and on my last trip to see her she got me started. To my surprise I picked up from where I'd left off (age 8) without too much trouble. Just one scarf so far but the holiday was only in March. When I realised I'd knitted it too wide I was even brave enough to unpick the entire thing and start again. Almost done. I really didn't think I'd enjoy knitting as much as I do. I now understand how you are all hooked. I'll keep an eye out for the next Sunday get together.

we're all hooked! ha ha! (sorry)
you sound like you're about as much a beginner as i am.i wouldn't have the guts to unpick an entire scarf and start again!

It was worth unpicking it. I had made a couple of mistakes early on in my first attempt and it actually quite therapeutic getting rid of them. My knitting is a bit better on this scarf. Or at least I thought as much till I got the most beautiful purple scarf in the post yesterday. My sister puts me to shame.

minka said:
well, there's us (unless we seem too alarming) - we meet up every couple of weeks or so in someone's lovely residence of a sunday afternoon for knitting/tea/confectionery/discussion of potentially fatal hamster ailments. beginners welcome! we normally post the details here - i think the next one is in a fortnight's time, yes?
yeah i think it's sunday fortnight. did we agree on your house?

(edit: this is liadain, in my New Guise)

Hott Indie Boy said:
yeah i think it's sunday fortnight. did we agree on your house?

(edit: this is liadain, in my New Guise)

does your new guise involve your false beard/cat bed?

and yes, tis my place.

Hi

Is the next knitting get together this Sunday or Sunday week? I'd love to give it a try. And I'll bring cookies.

Thanks

Super Dexta said:
sunday week I think. i will probably still be knitting my farcical cat basket.

were we going to be going to springwools on saturday 13th? i might be going to sligo that weekend though so it might have to be a "normal" day!

cheryl said:
were we going to be going to springwools on saturday 13th? i might be going to sligo that weekend though so it might have to be a "normal" day!
yeah i think that was the plan. ah we'll just have to get helena to drive us to [strike]early graves[/strike] springwools instead.

Super Dexta said:
sunday week I think. i will probably still be knitting my farcical cat basket.

yup, sunday week. and i will still be knitting my neverending cardigan.

(oh yes, that four ply wool looked so pretty in the shop....)

The year is 2050, Minka finally finishes the last sleeve on her lace cardi:

oldladyknitting.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back