Smart stupid bastards (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

You know those fuckers who get straight A's but have the common knowellege of a cream egg? Im highly annoyed by these clumsy fuckers, like one dumb orange bitch the other day only found out who Hitler was but is still alble to get A's even though she comes accross as dumb. And the another girl who got 11 A's in her juniorcert but could not answer some very easy general knowellege questions?

I have no faith in the school system at all, when people I consider to be smart come away with C's and B's when these smart stupid fuckers get A's i just dont under stand how the fuck it works!! Oh god.

Roisin said:
You know those fuckers who get straight A's but have the common knowellege of a cream egg? Im highly annoyed by these clumsy fuckers, like one dumb orange bitch the other day only found out who Hitler was but is still alble to get A's even though she comes accross as dumb. And the another girl who got 11 A's in her juniorcert but could not answer some very easy general knowellege questions?

I have no faith in the school system at all, when people I consider to be smart come away with C's and B's when these smart stupid fuckers get A's i just dont under stand how the fuck it works!! Oh god.

well the exams in school are basically just memory tests.

unlike college where you need some knowledge of the ouside worldt

but what do you mean by:

like one dumb orange bitch

????

I hate how in public speaking (my only real class) all the people who have talent waste it by talking shite. Their chosen topics wreck my head... One girl talked very passionatly about how she's discriminated because she wears dubarrys.:rolleyes:

I do feel for you Roisin! despite my never-study nerdiness. I know that if there was a class on Pop Culture, Politics or Kill Rockstars bands you'd be a straight A girl.

Well, there's knowing stuff, being able to convince people you know stuff, and knowing which stuff you need to know. None of these imply the others, but only the second is any use on its own. The system only rewards those who can work it - luckily, this is a reasonably learnable skill.

Not knowing who Hitler was is ok (from an exams point of view) as long as you don't try to answer on Hitler.

Don't really know what the point of this reply is...

quasiquasi said:
Not knowing who Hitler was is ok (from an exams point of view) as long as you don't try to answer on Hitler.

You need to qualify that by adding "If you are a penguin."

There's a Calvin and Hobbes along the lines of Calvin doing some exam and saying something like "I now intend to forget this forever; you have taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system."

I remember the 1st time I did the leavin, all the boys who'd be out pilling it up thurs fri sat, and often sunday, all got more points than me.

They're all workin in a call centre now.

i went to school with a couple of girls who werent necessarily dumb, but they acted as if they were absolutely fucked for exams. every time. and every fucking time, they got all A's.

when it came to crunch time, one of them got really worked up and in doing so started stressing out the rest of us. i fuckin lost it, told her to shut up and stop whinging about failing because she never had, and it always pissed us off when she walked away with amazing results after all her fuckin moaning and worrying.

she stopped whinging then, but ended up with 600 points in the leaving that year.

cuntwankbollixshutthefuckup

ratmonkey said:
There's a Calvin and Hobbes along the lines of Calvin doing some exam and saying something like "I now intend to forget this forever; you have taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system."
I also like the one where he's writing an essay about bats. Giant bugs with glowing red eyes! Hee hee!

ch940127.JPG

i was one of those girls who did no work but who did well..i remember before the leavin me and one of my mates went to town every day, hung out at the central bank and basically did no work..and the other 3 girls we were mates with stayed at home studying...me and said girl were the only ones who got the points to go to college and everyone else repeated...they did not like us for quite some time...

I remember giving out about this to my dad.

"There's nothing worse than someone without intelligence who just does well because they swot"

to which he replied:

"There is something worse - someone who actually has intelligence but out of laziness doesn't use it."

There's a lesson in there. School doesn't suck. Life sucks. School is the just a part of that.

bollocks

you can say that the school/college results aren't representative of intelligence, but one thing they can do is represent how hard someone worked on something

sure it's a memory test, but if you work your ass off at learning shit off then you'll do well

if you've done well then potential employers will know you worked hard to get those results and will therefore work hard for them

i've known plenty of people who probably couldn't be described as intelligent by any stretch of the imagination, but they work hard and do well despite their shortcomings

intelligence counts for nothing if you're lazy dudes

ahem

snakybus said:
I remember giving out about this to my dad.

"There's nothing worse than someone without intelligence who just does well because they swot"

to which he replied:

"There is something worse - someone who actually has intelligence but out of laziness doesn't use it."

There's a lesson in there. School doesn't suck. Life sucks. School is the just a part of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back