Smart stupid bastards (3 Viewers)

I was trying to learn my history notes in the hallway today, when the girl I based this thread comes over to me and goes "Roisin stop stressing, you never see me stressing and I get noting less than an A- in history".

.Columbine wexford style.

To be fair, the curriculae (is that right) are slowly changing for the better , its impossible to change an education system wholesale , it has to be done bit by bit. Ireland is still draggin itself kicking and shitting out of the Christian Brothers/ Nun era and the changes recently proposed are actually admirable enough in their own shoddy celtic way. If your parents are Irish,or were educated here, didnt they turn out fairly well rounded , knowledgeable , and/or happy?
The primary school curriculum is amazing , the teachers , especially those that have graduated since the curriculum change in 1999 are generally incredible. This'll take about ten years to filter its way through to second level , or hopefully some of the good parts from third level education will influence it too. the present is bleak , but the future isnt as awful as people think. Its also orange, if advertisements are to be trusted

I think they are.
beer time

nuke terrorist said:
if you hate school drop out.
easy.
exactly what I did.
one of the best decisions i have ever made.
jobs are crap too.

i love my life:)

Im not leaving over a set of fucking retards who i'll forget in my second year of college anyway.

sugar_referee said:
To be fair, the curriculae (is that right) are slowly changing for the better , its impossible to change an education system wholesale , it has to be done bit by bit. Ireland is still draggin itself kicking and shitting out of the Christian Brothers/ Nun era and the changes recently proposed are actually admirable enough in their own shoddy celtic way. If your parents are Irish,or were educated here, didnt they turn out fairly well rounded , knowledgeable , and/or happy?
The primary school curriculum is amazing , the teachers , especially those that have graduated since the curriculum change in 1999 are generally incredible. This'll take about ten years to filter its way through to second level , or hopefully some of the good parts from third level education will influence it too. the present is bleak , but the future isnt as awful as people think. Its also orange, if advertisements are to be trusted

I think they are.
beer time

Thats true, my national school got a new principal about a year after I left, he'd been teaching there for 30 something years, things have changed completely when a young woman took over. They do science now and art the whole time, id say there PE is deadly (all we ever got were to GAA lads from the council every two weeks), and every single student knows how to play the tin whistle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back