SLINT Perform SPIDERLAND (SAT AUG 18) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 8
I enjoyed the Vicar Street gig, but, won't be going to this.. their records are enjoyable, but balls for forkin out to see em again...
btw.. there's a bloke on here that has deadly pics of the Bug etc from the Umack Birthday in Vicar Street ..could you PM me please !

Live or on record? I love the records,but I'd love to know what crime I commited to deserve the punishment that was Slint live at vicar street.

well i just heard so much about how great they are and then got spiderland and thought 'this is boring muck'

well i just heard so much about how great they are and then got spiderland and thought 'this is boring muck'

vicar street gig is the only time i ever heard slint but it was enough for me i think, i didnt like it at all. several people who've told me they enjoyed it said it was because slint meant so much to them years ago and it was a nostalgia buzz more than anything - i didnt have that though. theres so much slint hype though that its impossible to hear them for the first time now with fresh/unprejudiced ears

spiderland very much, for me, was not an album i liked at first. took a long time to get into it.
problem for people coming across it today is that there is so much similar stuff out there, that's definitely a lot more accessible, and i guess folk don't see the need to put the work in.
if you do, you'll be rewarded. at the time, they were a fairly unique proposition

spiderland very much, for me, was not an album i liked at first. took a long time to get into it.
problem for people coming across it today is that there is so much similar stuff out there, that's definitely a lot more accessible, and i guess folk don't see the need to put the work in.
if you do, you'll be rewarded. at the time, they were a fairly unique proposition

agreed. it took me years to get into it. "washer" was the key..

they played a good few non-spiderland songs at atp and vicar street. i loved all their stuff on record and went to atp on the understanding that it was a one off. then they did a tour after, i thought, ok fair enough, wish i'd known that before paying out for a fucking shit lineup at a festival, but now they're taking the piss.

i caught the end at primvera and it was just boring. then they played a 'new piece' that was just embarrassing.

surely everyone who would have had a special place for spiderland has had the chance to see them already? isn't it kinda ruining the specialness of it now?

isn't it kinda ruining the specialness of it now?

no. you are.
i caught them for the first time at this years ATP but it was bright and it kind of took away from it. im looking forward to this one. granted they are milking it but there are still people who want to see this before they call it a day.

they played a good few non-spiderland songs at atp and vicar street. i loved all their stuff on record and went to atp on the understanding that it was a one off. then they did a tour after, i thought, ok fair enough, wish i'd known that before paying out for a fucking shit lineup at a festival, but now they're taking the piss.

i caught the end at primvera and it was just boring. then they played a 'new piece' that was just embarrassing.

surely everyone who would have had a special place for spiderland has had the chance to see them already? isn't it kinda ruining the specialness of it now?

I didn't really think the Vicar St gig was all that great becasue they took so long between songs even if there were parts of it that I really loved. But I saw them doing Spiderland at Primavera and I thought it was great, so I'm going to see them again. It's not going to be special, but I think it'll be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back