SLINT Perform SPIDERLAND (SAT AUG 18) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 8
...went to atp on the understanding that it was a one off. then they did a tour after, i thought, ok fair enough, wish i'd known that before paying out for a fucking shit lineup at a festival, but now they're taking the piss.

Agreed. I'm pretty pissed that I went to that ATP only to see Slint and then for them to play a million other gigs and festivals. How hard is it to pick a even 10 good bands. They only had 26 playing or something. If Devo do the same after me forking out €60 I'll actually kill them! Don't think I'll go see Slint, I really enjoyed them the 2 times I've seen them but there's too many other gigs that I could spend me money on.

on the other hand... I couldn't go to see them last time and have never done atp. I'll more than likely go to see them this time. Almost looking forward to it. y'know, I quite like them, not a mad fan.

this is fuckin awesome:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]U:MACK [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in association with
All Tomorrows Parties Don't look back
present
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SLINT
performing SPIDERLAND
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] SATURDAY AUGUST 18
TRIPOD

DOORS 7.30 (EARLY GIG) TICKETS [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
26 FROM ROAD, CITY DISCS, SPINDIZZY, SOUND CELLAR & ONLINE AT www.tickets.ie/umack
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Slintposter567.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are extremely proud to announce that the hugely influential SLINT perform their seminal album SPIDERLAND in its entirety in Tripod on saturday august 18. This performace is part of the "Don't Look Back" series, and presented in association with the All Tomorrows Parties Festival.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
SLINT
[/FONT]Slint established its earliest roots when, in 1981, at the ages of eleven and twelve, guitarist Brian McMahan and drummer Britt Walford began playing together in Louisville, KY. In 1984, Britt Walford and guitarist David Pajo started collaborating musically at the ages of fourteen and sixteen. 1985 saw the origination of Slint itself, the band then comprising Britt Walford, David Pajo, and bassist Ethan Buckler. Brian McMahan joined the following year.

In 1987, Slint recorded their debut album, Tweez, with Steve Albini behind the board in Chicago and released it on the short-lived and enigmatic Jennifer Hartman Records and Tapes label. At this time, Ethan Buckler departed and was replaced on bass by Todd Brashear. 1989 saw the recording of their untitled two song EP, engineered by Steve Albini, mixed by Brian Paulson, and released by Touch and Go Records.

In 1990, Slint recorded the landmark Spiderland album in Chicago with Brian Paulson both engineering and mixing. This release, in particular, became an independent music touchstone, loved and admired by hundreds of thousands of fans and emulated by a generation of musicans.

The following year, the year in which Spiderland was issued by Touch and Go, Slint broke up.

when you say "early gig" - how early would slint be on?

could one possibly go see slint and still make it to see napalm death in the voodoo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back