Slint For ATP In December (1 Viewer)

Not sure how long ago this is from

Quote: Mogwai's John Cummings even revealed that Slint might reform for one of the All Tomorrow's Parties festivals during an interview last year. "It got voted down for a number of reasons. One of them was that the only reason we'd be doing it would be for the money. I don't think the majority of us could justify that. If we're gonna get back together and play some shows we need a better reason than money. I'd rather get a day job and keep Slint as a precious thing," he laughs.

hag said:
they should just get back together and write more songs. i mean, none of the shit any of them did after was worth piss besides evergreen.
Been lurkin on here for over a year now, but felt I just had to get an account to express my arsehole. Sorry.. opinion.

I personally think that the For Carnation album is a damn sight better than anything they have released either collectively or individually.. I'm hopin this reunion stuff is crap, then maybe a new F.C. album will be in the offin'..

Havin said that - the EPs they released were a bit pish..

-Charlie Tenrapid

TenRabbits said:
Been lurkin on here for over a year now, but felt I just had to get an account to express my arsehole. Sorry.. opinion.

I personally think that the For Carnation album is a damn sight better than anything they have released either collectively or individually.. I'm hopin this reunion stuff is crap, then maybe a new F.C. album will be in the offin'..

Havin said that - the EPs they released were a bit pish..

-Charlie Tenrapid
oh yeah, i forgot about for carnation record. that is amazing too, i listen to it a lot. they hardly ever play though, the bass player was over with tara jane o'neil, he said they'll probably never tour and shit.

hag said:
oh yeah, i forgot about for carnation record. that is amazing too, i listen to it a lot. they hardly ever play though, the bass player was over with tara jane o'neil, he said they'll probably never tour and shit.
I was lucky enough to see them play in New York in 2000. It was a bit stilted at the beginning but when they got into it, it turned into one of those amazing hairs on the back of your neck occasions.

:rolleyes:

Wheels said:
I was lucky enough to see them play in New York in 2000. It was a bit stilted at the beginning but when they got into it, it turned into one of those amazing hairs on the back of your neck occasions.

bastard. give me them memories!

Wheels said:

Dammit! Now I'm REALLY hopin Slint aren't reforming... although I'm kinda pleased someone else has heard the album, as I was gettin pretty tired of borin people with how good it is..

Wheels said:
Got a nice t-shirt at the gig too but it seems to have gone missing... think one of those C4O slimeballs nicked it. :mad:
probably beaner. he probably used it to score some indie chick.

just got an email back from ken lower, press person for a.t.p., who says he can't confirm or deny that slint are playing.

doesn't help much, but kind of implies that negotiations are ongoing, i suppose.

tom. said:
just got an email back from ken lower, press person for a.t.p., who says he can't confirm or deny that slint are playing.

doesn't help much, but kind of implies that negotiations are ongoing, i suppose.
or that he's doing a good job as publicist for the festival ;)

hey wheels Ive got a four carnation Tshirt somewhere at home. I dont know wheter i bought it or 'helped you carry it home' Ive neverworn it. Its v small it would only hi-light my man boobies. So its yours dude.

joseppi said:
hey wheels Ive got a four carnation Tshirt somewhere at home. I dont know wheter i bought it or 'helped you carry it home' Ive neverworn it. Its v small it would only hi-light my man boobies. So its yours dude.
if wheels doesn't own it, i have no issues with highlighting my man boobs.

They were pretty amazing at ATP about 5 years ago (1999 or 2000, "That Sonic Youth Year" anyways). I think I was a little drunk though as I can't remember it too good :eek:

allegedly straight from the horses mouth

"There has been a lot of speculation about different bands playing the next ATP. While I can confirm there will be a December ATP, called Nightmare Before Christmas, no bands have been confirmed yet.

The page that was accessed from our site is a holding page that is filled in with different bands, some from the curator’s wish list, some just wishful thinking. If you looked at the holding page last week, you would have seen Led Zeppelin listed as the curator. You can tell it is just a holding page as the graphic did not match the text. The graphic stated that Jake and Dinos Chapman are the curators (which they are) and the text is merely a template.

Please note that Slint are NOT confirmed to play Nightmare Before Christmas. No-one should buy tickets to any ATP event on the basis of rumour.

The full Nightmare Before Christmas line-up will be announced on the ATP site in the next two weeks.

Barry Hogan "

Well, that is pretty stupid. I can't even believe that Hogan still runs a festival...

dudley said:
allegedly straight from the horses mouth

"There has been a lot of speculation about different bands playing the next ATP. While I can confirm there will be a December ATP, called Nightmare Before Christmas, no bands have been confirmed yet.

The page that was accessed from our site is a holding page that is filled in with different bands, some from the curator’s wish list, some just wishful thinking. If you looked at the holding page last week, you would have seen Led Zeppelin listed as the curator. You can tell it is just a holding page as the graphic did not match the text. The graphic stated that Jake and Dinos Chapman are the curators (which they are) and the text is merely a template.

Please note that Slint are NOT confirmed to play Nightmare Before Christmas. No-one should buy tickets to any ATP event on the basis of rumour.

The full Nightmare Before Christmas line-up will be announced on the ATP site in the next two weeks.

Barry Hogan "

Is this him?

fhulk1.jpg

joseppi said:
Nice one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back