slide film (1 Viewer)

the departed

so these are a few select shots from my slide film project..
thought id start up a thread to see if anyone else had any slide photos.
theres a wonderful quality to them..
these are scanned at a modest res. prolly do them again at some stage.
these are shot on fuji velvia400f daylight stock..
slide14.jpg

slide16.jpg

slide15.jpg

slide13.jpg

slide2.jpg

slide1.jpg

slide4.jpg

slide7.jpg

slide5.jpg

slide6.jpg

slide9.jpg

slide10.jpg

slide12.jpg

slide11.jpg

slide8.jpg

slide3.jpg

95% of the colour photos i take are on slide - used to be prepaid sensia, but since that has jumped in price by 3 quid, i'll be re-examining wht film i use.

Quite like this one. Only just got a film camera again after shooting digital for two years, looking forward to getting some slide going on.

agree. used slide film for the first time on sat. basic college exercise, so not the most creative ideas, but I'll be curious to see if ive fucked them up. working with b/w film has made me sloppy!

ehm no its just an epson yoke. its has a special tray holder for negs and slides though. think i scanned them at 2100 dpi..

it's not doing your photos justice - see if you can find someone with a dedicated film scanner, and try a comparison with one of your shots.

hmmm. yeah i didnt think so...
ive projected them as well and they look much nicer. much more detail like.
i might check that out dude.
thanks for the advice!

yep, they're lacking in contrast, probably partly due to the light spillage - looks like it might be dirty glass in the scanner. plus, a good film scanner will have good dust removal software.

Spent the summer of 2002 in long island scanning a photographer's back catalog with a Nikon Coolscan 8000 - they're the job. If you shoot film i'd deffo reccomend putting a few quid into one.

i have a nikon coolscan III - cost me over 600 quid about six years ago. still going strong.
would love an 8000, i have a cheap (but more than serviceable) epson which scans 120, but does auto-adjustment on the scan which i've yet to learn how to turn off.

slide2.jpg

claire1.jpg

these are two I did as part of a college project last week. Have done nothing much bar scan and crop them. cant get over the colours, there like something in an 60s issue of national geographic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back