skype (1 Viewer)

La La said:
is amazing!

why did it take me so bleedin long to get it? happy daze.

weird, just arrived home this evening and the ol boy was going on about it for ages. he bought a web cam and all that crap, free phonecalls though(pretty sweet indeed)

i assume the other person has to have skype installed on their computer?
is it simply just a case of having skype, a mic and speakers?
mate of mine was bangin on about it a year or so ago and i said...
"skype, thats crazy"

for free calls the other person needs skype on their computer, but you can also use it to call any real phone number too, you just need to put a little credit into it. you then get calls to anywhere for next to nothing.

the last time i was in the US i put $10 of credit into it, called home tons and tons of times, and still have about $6 credit.

dudley said:
for free calls the other person needs skype on their computer, but you can also use it to call any real phone number too, you just need to put a little credit into it. you then get calls to anywhere for next to nothing.

the last time i was in the US i put $10 of credit into it, called home tons and tons of times, and still have about $6 credit.
Be careful with your credit. If you don't use it fast enough this can happen:
http://www.theinq.com/?article=32068

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32085

Pretty much like prepaid mobile phones.

SkypeOut has been terrible lately. Very seldom get a good connection.

i have this now, i ordered a chinese on it yesterday but it took me about half an hour of shouting before yer wan could get the full message coz the quality was shite!

does anyone get strangers ringing them? ive had a couple but i was too shocked to answer and see what they wanted

Miss Piggy said:
i have this now, i ordered a chinese on it yesterday but it took me about half an hour of shouting before yer wan could get the full message coz the quality was shite!

does anyone get strangers ringing them? ive had a couple but i was too shocked to answer and see what they wanted

i would of loved to have heard the back and forth during the placement of that particular order.
does anyone remember the news at ten on utv back in the 90's?
trevor mcdonald every night without fail, on a friday they'd have they're technology reporter lawrence mcginty to report on what the future would hold for us in regards to computers and so on.
they did a report on the internet and in particular a report on how one would be able to order a takeaway or a pizza online.
"wow, thats amazing" i thought to myself... welcome to the future.

I installed last night on the back of this thread, Deadly stuff, although to call mobiles it's not an wful lot cheaper than what i was paying - 10p vs 15p per min.

If I was ringing the folks landline though it'd be well cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back