Site design (1 Viewer)

THRILLHO

Contributor
Website
www.lowbrowculture.com
So what should this thing look like? Rather than cranking out an entire wordpress theme from scratch, I think we should start out with an existing wordpress theme and adapt it to create something different.

http://themes.wordpress.net is a good place to start looking.

Here's what I think:
- Needs at least 2 columns, maybe three.
- The content should be dark text on a white (or very light) background. Anything else is just painful on the eyes
- Main content column should be at least 450px wide, for screenshots and logos in articles.

One I like the look of is "Freshy"

512-medium.jpg

JohnnyC, you gonna belt out a whizz-bang logo for us?

Working on it. What size banner you want at the top?

I agree with what you say regarding the look. Something clean and easy on the eye is the way to go.

I assume we can edit the size of that banner and maybe vary the graphic used from page to page. it might be nice to do up some simple funny animation/illustration for every article.

I don't know about you, but I'm just not into the acronym business. nice design, though - but the name as an acronym isn't very strong. it's meaningless.

I think it looks great. I like the acronym business personally. But I've been wrong in the past.

acronyms are good when they have a flow or roll off the tongue. 3 letters are pretty ideal for this. for example: DHL, BBC, FBI etc.

I think DHTP just doesn't have much in the way of aesthetic possibilities or phonetic flow.
anyway, that's what I reckon.

PWEI
SSIA
PRSI
PSNI
TTFN
DHTP

all good

SSIA and PRSI I'll give you.. I would also have accepted ESPN.

Seriously. Acronyms are shit for this kind of thing. They only work with an established identity or brand. They're more often than not ambiguous and nondescript. also, I think donthatetheplayer is an in joke that would be lost on many people. it doesn't signify a game review website and isn't short enough to be catchy in its own right.

SSIA and PRSI I'll give you.. I would also have accepted ESPN.

Seriously. Acronyms are shit for this kind of thing. They only work with an established identity or brand. They're more often than not ambiguous and nondescript. also, I think donthatetheplayer is an in joke that would be lost on many people. it doesn't signify a game review website and isn't short enough to be catchy in its own right.

look at the name of the site you're on now though - it's completely meaningless. i wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest.

look at the name of the site you're on now though - it's completely meaningless. i wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest.

yeah but we're looking to make this site a success :D

seriously, though, thumped.com works because it's catchy. it's simple and memorable. y'know?

i think you'll grow to love it

right?

no. personally I thought it pretty hasty to set all of that up without a proper vote. it's not like there were any time constraints.. aside from THRILLHO nailing down domains like they were gold. I don't think JohnnyC is into it either and he started all this madness. but I could be wrong.

Take a vote on it then. I think iplaygames is shite but I was happy to go along with it if the majority agreed on it.

Take a vote on it then. I think iplaygames is shite but I was happy to go along with it if the majority agreed on it.

that's cool. I couldn't think of anything better at the time, but it's more along the lines of what I thought would work. but I think a better name is out there. I certainly wouldn't insist on it because it was my idea.

anyway.. some sort of vote would be best. where's that prick JC for some kind of input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back